40-pin controller IC identity?

What's "American" for white spirit?
I'm willing to try...

Paint thinner, as used for domestic gloss paint. Use the good stuff rather than turpentine which has greasy impurities in. It's useful because it evaporates fast but not too fast, and it won't attack anything on most circuit boards, or the IC markings.
put finger to keyboard and composed:

COP8 NMC9306 DIP 40 DIP 8 ------------------------- SO pin 3 pin 3 DI SK pin 4 pin 2 SK SI pin 5 Pin 4 DO
I'd say that the DIP-8 IC is a serial EEPROM. It probably stores the security code.

The ULN2003 was made by several manufacturers including Motorola. If its pins are not a match, then I'd try other ULN series devices.

Could the DIP-14 chip be a hex buffer, eg 74C90x ???
- Franc Zabkar

SparkyGuy wrote:

You'll have to wait until 2008 when the picture becomes available.