40-pin controller IC identity?

Rich Grise wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@example.net:

I've used white spirit, a metal halide lamp, and the lens from an old Zent

35mm camera as a high powered magnifier. I got most of the IC numbers from a LambdaPro laser PSU, and LambdaPro grind them off to hide them. If they've only been rubbed enough to obscure them a bit, this should work on them. Try with different light and viewing angles.
Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

What's "American" for white spirit?

I'm willing to try...

Reply to
SparkyGuy

SparkyGuy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.sf.sbcglobal.net:

Paint thinner, as used for domestic gloss paint. Use the good stuff rather than turpentine which has greasy impurities in. It's useful because it evaporates fast but not too fast, and it won't attack anything on most circuit boards, or the IC markings.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:42:14 -0700, SparkyGuy put finger to keyboard and composed:

COP8 NMC9306 DIP 40 DIP 8 ------------------------- SO pin 3 pin 3 DI SK pin 4 pin 2 SK SI pin 5 Pin 4 DO

I'd say that the DIP-8 IC is a serial EEPROM. It probably stores the security code.

The ULN2003 was made by several manufacturers including Motorola. If its pins are not a match, then I'd try other ULN series devices.

Could the DIP-14 chip be a hex buffer, eg 74C90x ???

- Franc Zabkar

Reply to
Franc Zabkar