B WELL OUR MODEM DID NOT WRECK EVERY ONES PC

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 02:57:52 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

Whatsa matta, retard boy? Can't ya read?

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 02:59:28 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

No, I didn't you Usenet retard, Bush did. I followed up. Do you ever read an entire thread or sub-thread, before fuking acting like a retarded twit, and getting you troll entirely wrong?

Reply to
DarkMatter

You fool.....those things were so plentiful at one place I worked we used to step on them.....Just like I enjoy stepping on you....When you are wrong your are wrong kid....and posting that silly article about Darpanet...now that really helped your case....what a total fool you have made of yourself.... Let us try one more time for the mentally impaired.... ARPAnet....the beginnings of the internet....1967....... Hardware in place....a couple more years..... If you would like to argue...do it with them pinhead....

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:01:24 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

You call yourself human? You call yourself civil?

You ARE the retard I said you are. LOOK the word up, dipshit.

STOP top posting. That is WHY YOU ARE retarded. Got clue?

It IS Civil to ask someone to follow convention, and when they do not, berate them. That IS the way the military does it as well.

You be 'tard. Violent, and insulting to even a cave man, you would be. Your IQ drop 10 points with your every post.

Reply to
DarkMatter

If you ever built anything that ever worked, well I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.....considering your current mental state and what it might have been back then....well I cannot see enough knowledge or concentration to even build a simple radio!!!

Reply to
Ross Mac

Do a snip and make an arguement....you take things out of context and post your bent replies...nice try again Tard Boy!...that is not even my post ya pinhead.....once again..take you meager earnings and buy a clue!

Reply to
Ross Mac

Read your own posts ya twit.....I think that bong water you are pounding down has rotted your brain.... You are all over the map...first it's one year than another then you change the subject then you rip everyone when it actually gets down to the facts......It's typical....when you don't have facts you just start the blather......a futile attempt to steer one and all from the facts......once again...take your meager earnings from that graveyard shipping job you have and invest them in a clue!

Reply to
Ross Mac

Once again TardMatter is the self proclaimed Usenet cop! And you, above all, should comment on anyone being human or civil! Maybe you should park the bong and the bottle and go back a few months and read your own posts.......You crap on anyone that does not fit your anal retentive idea of what the newsgroups should be. Why in your wildest imagination do you thing anyone gives a crap what you think, know, might know or anything else about your pitiful existance........

Reply to
Ross Mac

Believe it or not as recently as June 2000 I had a contract assignment to write embedded code for an 8088 based system still in current use on new designs. Maybe even more surprising, this system is currently being installed in most new and existing jet aircraft designs.

The reason for staying with the 8088 is fully justified, since a shift to a newer processor would achive no performance increase in this particular application, while the cost of requalifying a new hardware and software design to FAA (DO178 et al) and ARINC standards would cost many millions of dollars.

The downside is that the chip producer may decide (or possibly has already decided) to cease production of the 8088, in which case the solution was to purchase and stockpile a sufficient quantity of the chips to meet future needs (a common military and aerospace practice).

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

Harry, it goes to show that it was and still is a good design! Just because it is old does not mean it cannot get the job done...take care, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:17:59 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

I just love how you can spend so much of YOUR time making non-sense troll blather posts. You are ridiculed.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:24:46 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

It was quote directly out of your reply, dumbshit. You can't read. The part I quoted states directly who the poster is.

You are not only illiterate, you don't know how to decode a usenet post either. Pretty simple shit. I guess that makes you somewhere below pretty simple.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On 25 Oct 2003 21:34:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Harry Conover) Gave us:

There are 8088 hybrid makers out there. Should be much cheaper to transition to the new chip. Possibly a mere BIOS code change.

Reply to
DarkMatter

As usual, you changed the subject.......you still quoted out of context..... Gurgle....Gurgle....slug......slug....there he goes...downing the bong water again! Keep that rubber helmet and those knee pads on....At least it should help keep you from becoming "even more demented", Tard Boy....

Reply to
Ross Mac

Are you sure that you don't have those two names reversed? It seems to me that the government organization known as ARPA was renamed to DARPA back in about that same era.

Whatever it was called, a network under ARPA did exist prior to 1969 (probably a precursor to a UUTP network), because at the time some of us older guys were already actively using the ARPA "Cheese Exchange" which was arguably an ancestor of todays Usenet.

Here's a pretty good capsule history:

Back in 1969 I was working for Eastman Kodak on both Lunar Orbiter and a number of classified projects, hence we were able to make extensive use of the ARPA network. It was obvous from the beginning where this would lead, but no one ever predicted its magnitude or ultimate popularity!

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

Couldn't tell you for sure Harry without an extensive search.....It was, a very long time ago! But, thanks for your input and take care, Ross

message

Reply to
Ross Mac

On 26 Oct 2003 21:07:06 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Harry Conover) Gave us:

That was MY remark, and NO. It was originally DARPANET. It was changed to ARPANET, and has evolved into today's UUnet, or Usenet.

No... you used DARPANET. By 1969, it only consisted of 4 computers. By 1971, it was 37 computers, and was renamed ARPANET at that time.

No. Actually, it is an INCORRECT web page.

Which, at that time, was called DARPANET. It wasn't named ARPANET until 1971.

That's because a desktop computer was not even a concept at that time. All computers were that size of office building floors... entire floors... entire buildings even.

Reply to
DarkMatter

That's funny.....the first response I ever got from you was "top posting usenet retard" Is that your definition not berating" Make it up as you go.....but you don't follow your own advice!

Reply to
Ross Mac

How could "the internet" begin with something that happened before the very concept of internetworking existed.

You don't seem to have an understanding of what ARPAnet was in

1969 when it started, as compared to what The Internet was by the time it certainly did exist in 1983. Somewhere in there The Internet came into existence, and it certainly was not before 1972 when Bob Kahn thought of it.

Your comments about when AOL existed are just as silly.

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

That's funny....their prospectus and website claim 1985... The company name thing again...get over Floyd!!!!!

Reply to
Ross Mac