B WELL OUR MODEM DID NOT WRECK EVERY ONES PC

What about Intel? They wuz there, after all. ;-)

Dunno anything about ISC, other than I've heard of 'em.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

In another post you said "by '74". Honestly I would have guessed later, but I went to the Intel site to verify. I don't have to put up with AOL's horrible response ;-), so I try to verify dates.

...again, by Intel's site.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

You missed my point. Color wasn't of any interest in my application, since my application was to teach *microprocessors*. Even the LS terminals were considered to be a luxury, but I fought for them because they reduced the drudgery of entering small programs. I refused to do the project if I had to teach around a crappy UI. As it was were were doing hand assembly (I bought one with enough memory to run an assembler - for me ;-).

What is still used? Color? IMO it's over-used.

Color to convey time information? ...in list form? Ok...

For adverts? TO show your (red) balance? (somehow I doubt this) Perhaps I'm missing your point entirely.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Umm, you bought $1.59 calculators at the *DOLLAR* store and you accuse *me* of lying? ;-)

Not at all. The "Dollar store" type places buy up odd-lots, discontinued items, and junk that no one else would touch. There is no correlation between cost and price.

I wonder where the chips are made.

You missed a *lot*. I was surprised when a non-technical female acquaintance was bitching about HP calculators going away. I promptly sent her a few HP clones for her WinWhatever desktop.

That was after '73.

TI? Didn't they make crystals a few years back? ;-)

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

My point is that I was trying to sell color when every one else was using green and black. . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BUSHBADEE

In fact color wasn't an issue, since no one knew what to do with monochrome. Visicalc made the PC more than any other single invention.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams