B WELL OUR MODEM DID NOT WRECK EVERY ONES PC

AOL didn't exist in 1985, or 1986... or in any year up through

1991.

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

I don't recall citing when Prodigy and Compuserve went online and in which order....and what does that have to do with the discussion or for that matter the baud rates that they operated at???? Most users of that era, did not have PC's....that market was dominated by Commodore, Apple and Radio Shack....so what is with the x86 comment??? And once again, do your research....AOL is 18 years old....and that would make it 1985 for the mathematically impaired...

Reply to
Ross Mac

You didn't say the company, you said AOL. AOL didn't exist in 1985.

That's just bullshit. The ARPAnet didn't do anything like internetworking in 1969. As note previously, the concept hadn't even been thought of yet.

They became are "real ISP" damned *fast*. You said very slowly, and that's bullshit.

Hey, you got something right!

Speaking of anal, get your head out of your ass.

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

Hi Floyd...I did read it.. You would have to agree, that ARPAnet was the beginnings of the internet. Whether you agree if it was "technically" a "real" internet is probably not that important. That is why I quoted that date...if you don't like that...well sorry Floyd...I can't make everyone happy.....especially this DarkMatter kid....yipes.... Hey, your article was interesting and informative....take care, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Reply to
Ross Mac

AOL the company....OK??? The name came in 1991!!! Smiles all around?? take care, Floyd....

message

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:42:15 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

No, you did not. You stated a pure lie. You do this often. You should cease and desist.

Actually, just cease... to live.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:50:54 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

You are wrong. You are a liar. You were given the history, even acknowledged it, then still come back lying about it.

Grow the f*ck up, boy.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:53:21 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

You should probably refrain from continually doing it, then.

Nope. YOU are retarded.

Oh boy. I'm impressed. NOT! I'll bet that you were a heavy visitor to Rusty and Eddy's. Regardless, you STILL weren't doing it on AOL in '85, you clueless bastard.

That would be "assembler", dipshit.

You should observe your own declaration there, retard boy.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:51:18 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

Once again, you are a retarded twit on the subject.

AOL was NOT AROUND in 1985 when the XT PC was released.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Ringo.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:58:47 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

No. ARPANET was the hardware infrastructure that the internet ended up utilizing.

It was NO internet... AT ALL!

Yes... YOU are very sorry. Indeed.

I got nine inches of "kid" for your lame ass, little girl.

He knows more about POTS, the internet, and PCs than you do, and more than you ever will. Though that is an easy, simple observation that any kid could make, much less any adult.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:05:57 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

This from a top posting, total usenet retard that claims to know ALL about the internet, as "I was there."

You were NOT there. You still have yet to arrive, you retarded twit!

Reply to
DarkMatter

tHE 8086 was on the market long before 85 The 8080 appeard well some wheres around 1975 and there was the 4040 0r was it the 4080 long before that. . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BUSHBADEE

By the way, back some time before 1975 I was there with an ISC computer which had 48 lines of 80 characters and each letter could be any one of 8 colors on any one of 8 backrounds and for graphics you had a choice of 64 colors .

That was when Radio sShack was offering 28 lines of 60 characters (I believe that was it) with your choice of 16 colors and two at a time. . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BUSHBADEE
1981, at least. I was involved in an embedded design using the 8088 in that year.
Reply to
Airy R. Bean

On 24 Oct 2003 07:43:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.community (BUSHBADEE) Gave us:

Hey, dipshit. I was talking about the XT PC, not the CPU that got utilized in it. BIG DIFFERENCE. YOU of all people, with your claims to standard electronic designs, should KNOW that fact.

But there were NO available computers, consoles, keyboards, monitors, etc..

You know... ALL of the things that came out in 1985 in the form of the XT PC, by IBM Corporation.

You should really read a little more in depth if you are going to attempt to use google as your source of memory. At this point , you are clearly quite ineffective at it.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On 24 Oct 2003 07:52:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.community (BUSHBADEE) Gave us:

This is bullshit. You were NOT there, because *THERE* was no internet at the time the idiot liar claims that there was, so there was NO there for you to be at.

Ya. And that piece of shit was not able to get online or onto ANY net.... EITHER.

You weren't "there", you were brain dead, just like you are now. I think that you must have been chased OUT of all those companies you spew about, due to your total stupidity. You are like a barely tolerable circus flea.

Stop with the "B" bullshit in the headers, you usenet retard.

Reply to
DarkMatter

As Usual you are full of shit.

I was selling ISC computers in my store which I described in a prior posting in and around 1975 shortly after the MITS and ALTAIR came out. We had floppy tape while others were still using punched tape and cards. . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BUSHBADEE

On 24 Oct 2003 08:40:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.community (BUSHBADEE) Gave us:

Bullshit. As usual, it is you that talks from your ass, again.

Good for you.

Good for it. Tape was called tape. The term "floppy" didn't emerge until the plastic envelope encapsulated "Floppy Disc" emerged. There were two form factors that I recall. 5 1/4" and 8" .

As far as your telling me I am full of shit, you STILL don't get it. The discussion is about an online carrier, and PCs that ARE or WERE able to get online, not some lame early age crap that could barely store or read data any faster than I could speak it, much less hook up to another machine or "get online".

I mentioned such a PC as being the first of it's kind, and in the context of THIS discussion, it was. Do try to keep up, for it was you that came back with Intel's cpu history, which is not of ANY consequence in this discussion, AT ALL.

And from the sales numbers for ISC computers, I'd say that you were TRYING to sell them in your junk shop, less than successfully.

You are a pawn... a peon... a "know it all" that knows next to nothing. You are as obsolete as it gets, if you can't even read a thread. The guy said he was online in '85 with AOL. I f refuted that claim, and gave the advent of the PC, AND timestamped AOL at or near the beginning of 9600 baud modeming. Do you some problem with that. BushLameEE?

If you spent more time actually reading the thread, instead of jumping in with your incorrect seminars all the time, you might perchance continue your education a bit. I know more about the history of Intel's CPU line than you ever will. Ever see an 80186? I'll bet not. I have one. Most of the world saw the jump from the XT to the 80286 direct, however, with the 80186 being skipped for the PC market. So start listening to people. Gain some more education as it should never stop. You *may* learn something. You seem to think it stopped back when you compiled your precious archaic coiling charts, when there are far more corrected, and in-depth versions readily available, practically everywhere that has any concerns with coils. Even softwares galore. You're dust.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Remember the wonderment? Jeez, all those registers! And all that memory you could address! Hell, we'll _never_ use more than 64K.....

Reply to
Steve Cothran