Desperately Seeking...IEEE 60601 Medical Design Standards 2005

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

D. Williams Eng. Tech. AYA Instruments Inc.

Reply to
sad

IEEE or IEC?

Reply to
operator jay

IEC would be fine.

Reply to
sad

Sorry I see no 2005.

Reply to
operator jay

Actually it was a friend who was asking for the most recent available standards..............In searching ,I found nothing of use ,and told him to just turn down the job.

More work for the Indians I suppose ,they seem to have their shit together a whole lot better in engineering than U.S..

Thanks for the reply tho.

Reply to
sad

The standard you want is IEC 60601-1:2005, which is available from the IEC webstore at

you look at the site you will see that there is a number of standards in this series relating to different aspect/types of the medical equipment.

If the product is for sales within the European Union you should also look at the EN version of the standard (EN 60601-1) this can be purchased from

if the products are for sale with the EU they need to meet the requirements of the Medical Device Directive or possible the Active Implantable Medical Device Directive. See
If you need more help please contact Glenn Moffat at safety_no snipped-for-privacy@uk.tuv.com Remove the _no_spam from the above address.

BillB

Reply to
billb