Have a X-Ray lately ?

Millennium Scientists Conclude even Low Doses of Radiation may pose increased Cancer Risk .

Full Story Link =3D>

=AE

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

Full Story Link =>

®

------------------------------

Yawn. Everything is killing us. Living is dying.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:51:02 -0400, "Charles Perry" Gave us:

Better tell all those boys at the shipyards, striking arcs all day long.

180kV flux off of a chunk of Palladium is pretty "thick" stuff.

If the +90kV and the -90kV is REAL, REAL clean - noise-wise, the flux will be very pure, and the X-ray imagery will have the best contrast ratio with the least baseline noise.

The tubes are made by a Doctor in Germany, and they cost about $900 US each. Again... Palladium target media.

Just ask any airport, belt fed, X-ray machine operator. There is one at each station pointing up some heavy dose rate.

Reply to
TokaMundo

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:51:02 -0400, "Charles Perry" Gave us:

Stop! Yer killin' me!

Reply to
TokaMundo

Millennium Scientists Conclude even Low Doses of Radiation may pose increased Cancer Risk . Full Story Link =3D>

=AE

------------------------------ Yawn. Everything is killing us. Living is dying. Charles Perry P.E.

----------------------------------------- Tell me about it.Just the same, I've sworn off most medical procedures., not because of Technology but because of Science. Roy

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

Better not fly either. A transcontinental trip in the US gives you the equivalent of one chest X-ray.

Happy flying !

Al

Reply to
Al

Fly on the A380 when it goes into service. Make sure you get a seat on the lower deck and all the bodies upstairs will provide some shielding.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:54:36 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." Gave us:

Aluminum is all but transparent to X-rays (they use it to make lenses for X-rays). If the angle of incidence isn't right above (on the hat), they would get just as much as the upper cabin passengers do. The difference is likely pretty small considering that the received emissions up there come from nearly all angles.

Reply to
TokaMundo

------------------------------ Yawn. Everything is killing us. Living is dying. Charles Perry P.E.

=A0=A0Better tell all those boys at the shipyards, striking arcs all day long. =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0180kV flux off of a chunk of Palladium is pretty "thick" stuff. =A0=A0If the +90kV and the -90kV is REAL, REAL clean - noise-wise, the flux will be very pure, and the X-ray imagery will have the best contrast ratio with the least baseline noise. =A0=A0=A0=A0The tubes are made by a Doctor in Germany, and they cost about $900 US each. Again... Palladium target media.

=A0=A0=A0=A0Just ask any airport, belt fed, X-ray machine operator. There is one at each station pointing up some heavy dose rate. Better not fly either. A transcontinental trip in the US gives you the equivalent of one chest X-ray. Happy flying ! Al

-------------------------------------- That's =83=B5=E7ked up, I never knew about this, I use to fly alott as a little boy maybe this is why I am so wired and unreal like these days., I am just going to have to wear my lead vest and aluminum foil hat on my next plane ride. why the heck did i post this anyway }:-) now I am scared of flying again :-o

Roy Q.T. Urban Technician [I don't make em, I just fix em]

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:37:11 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Roy Q.T.) Gave us:

X-rays pass right through aluminum, slightly refracted, but un-attenuated for all intents.

You need lead, or brass. The brass requires 3X the cross sectional thickness that lead needs.

Reply to
TokaMundo

FroM: snipped-for-privacy@weedizgood.org (TokaMundo)

=A0=A0=A0=A0X-rays pass right through aluminum, slightly refracted, but un-attenuated for all intents. =A0=A0=A0=A0You need lead, or brass. The brass requires 3X the cross sectional thickness that lead needs.

------------------------------------

Thanx for the tip; So', I'm good to go with the vest., I'll just adjust my hat to refract the rays 180=B0 back to their source.must be doable.It's that or I'll have to wait for the mothership to come back for me ;-) & I just can't wait., I can't take it anymore ! :-) I miss the water & wimmin of my planet.

Roy Q.T. Urban Technician [I don't make em, I just fix em]

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

To the OP: The exposure time of a medical X-ay is very small, so the dosage usually isn't too high. It's only when multiple exposures are done that it becomes a concern. Just make sure they turn of the machine after the appropriate amount of time.

You could try carrying an electromagnetron with you. If you hire the whole plane and don't take any other passengers it could take the weight.

There's nothing like a cool glass of water accompanying a fricassed wimmun.

Sig: I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. -- Isaac Asimov

Reply to
Rotes Sapiens