Man Swallows Key, Locksmith Uses X-Ray

Man Swallows Key, Locksmith Uses X-Ray June 24, 2005 9:36 PM EDT NORTH PLATTE, Neb. - Arthur Richardson thought he'd pull a prank and pretend to swallow a friend's truck key. Unfortunately, Wednesday's prank backfired when Richardson plopped the key in his mouth and gravity took over.

Richardson went to a doctor Thursday, who X-rayed his stomach and got a clear picture of the key. The doctor said the key posed no danger, but Richardson's friend needed to use his truck.

So Richardson and his friend took the X-rays to a locksmith, who used the pictures to fashion a new key. And it worked in the truck.

John Somers, owner of Al's Lock and Safe, said he'd never made a key before from the image of an X-ray.

"I have done all sorts of lock work, I've done all sorts of safe work," Somers said. "This is truly a first in my career."

Somers said he didn't have any immediate plans to set price rates for X-ray keys, but it's something he might consider.

Reply to
Codpiece

That reminds me of a story I read some years ago. A mother in London-or some other city in England-Lost the key to her car.She had a small child who she thought may have hidden the key.

England has something of an equivalent to roadside service.One person I talked to from there said there is no such thing as an auto locksmith.

So the man from the roadside service found the blade part of the key and cut a working key without the transponder.He found that by holding the child close to the steering column, the engine would start.

The guy who did this wrote this article and stated that everything came out in the end-No harm done-LOL

goma.

Reply to
goma865