Keeping these electrical NG in scope, and to a civilised discussion.....

For years I mused upon the term, "Rheostat".

Then I discovered that it originated in the years before JJThompson discovered the electron. Nobody knew what electricity was (not that anybody has seen an electron today!) and it was assumed to be some form of fluid.

AIUI, the term, "Rheostat" comes from the Greek for stream "Rheos" and for controller, "Statos". hence Stream Controller.

Now it seems that we should refer to pieces of hook-up wire as, "Rheofores"......Stream Guides!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

You should be referring to other isps.. as your account is going to be closed soon.. God willing.

Reply to
huLLy

Snip boring drivel...

The _RADIO_HAM_ masquerading as an _ENGINEER_ exposes himself every time he keys up his mike.

10 10 Good Buddy!
Reply to
Mook