Nikola Tesla

What Edison did that earned him the "father" title was to put together an NTIRE electric lighting system. This included the lamps, generators, metering, conductors, protection agains shorts, and probably many other things.

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg

That movie gets pretty good ratings.

Metspitzer

Insistent top posting Usenet retards like you should test out an electric chair... as the executionee.

snipped retarded horseshit from the group horseshit retards.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Annoying as top posting is to some, doubt that that problem will make anybody's list of the top hundred problems facing the world.

Bill T> Insistent top posting Usenet retards like you should test out an electric

Reply to
Salmon Egg

The Discovery channel was Wardenclyffe, on Long Island. It included the building (laboratory and transmitter equipment) and a massive antenna structure for wireless transmission of power and information. It was funded partly by JP Morgan (mentioned in a previous post). It was never completed.

The Colorado Springs lab was an enormous Tesla coil for experimenting with wireless transmission of power. There is an often reproduced photo of Tesla sitting in a chair reading, just inside the primary of the Tesla coil, with high voltage streamers everywhere. Unfortunately it is a double exposure.

Reply to
bud--

You don't get it. The Westinghouse name is just another old US brand name that was sold to the highest bidder in the far east.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The Discovery Channel piece was AT the COLORADO "transmitter tower" location, goddamned it. They were, in fact, all over the place, but the portion of the show that was about the Colorado location was... ABOUT THE COLORADO LOCATION.

So, any "there's a house there now" claim you have about him is about a DIFFERENT facility, because the one where is lab was is STILL there.

You are not the only one that ever followed a person's life, idiot.

Reply to
FigureItOut

You can just feel the love in this group. Can't you?

Reply to
Metspitzer

Another of his contributions was that he 'invented' the research lab. He would set about to find a solution to a problem, then systematically find do just that.

Menlo Park's sole purpose was to do research in finding new inventions.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

In 1963 I worked at 42 West 39th Street, which is between 5th and 6th Avenues.

I cut through a building to go from either 40th street to 39th, or

39th to 38th, I forget which. There was a plaque to Tesla in the building.

Evidentially

there is a plaque that mentions Tesla in 32 West 40th Street, but I don't know if that building was the one with the plaque that I saw. The above site also mentions a plaque at

49 West 27th, but that plaque went up sometime around 1977, so it isn't the plaque that I saw.

that Tesla had offices at 8 West 40th.

Reply to
Mark F

They are referring to his lab on Long Is, NY. Its still there in bricks and mortar. There is a 2009 photo on

The earlier CS lab was wooden and was probably knocked down after he left at the end of 1899.

Glenn.

Reply to
glenbadd

Essential reading on the battle between Edison DC and Westinghouse AC systems, and a new method of execution: "Edison & the Electric Chair" by Mark Essig, Penguin Books, 2003. Review

glenbadd

I have no interest in where the Westinghouse name came from and my comment was not related to that nonsense.

It was a joke. Your self defence was not founded on anything in my comment.

Josepi wrote:

Reply to
Josepi

Yawn. Get a life. Then see if you can afford a sense of humor, you pathetic loser. The only thing you can be sure about Westinghouse products, is that they are imported garbage,

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sorry, but the tall tower had stone, octal foundation and was in Colorado, and was the one I refer to and the Discovery Channel referred to.

Reply to
FigureItOut

I saw the program. The "actual lab portion" in your first post is the Wardenclyffe lab, at the left on the picture of Wardenclyffe I furnished. It is still standing. There is nothing remaining in Colorado Springs - no "actual lab portion".

The octal base is the base of the Wardenclyffe tower, which can be seen at the right in the picture I furnished.

But FigureItOut is a sock puppet of alwayswrong, and reality doesn't matter. Just goes to show - alwayswrong is always wrong.

Reply to
bud--

Holy shit man. Take your medication.

Josepi wrote:

Yawn. Get a life. Then see if you can afford a sense of humor, you pathetic loser. The only thing you can be sure about Westinghouse products, is that they are imported garbage,

Reply to
Josepi

Which one? The diabetes medicine or the high blood pressure medicine?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I still cannot believe that you even respond to the inconsiderate, top posting, Usenet abusing bastard.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

The ones you really need. Not the ones the pharma giants con your doctor to give you, but that's another story...LOL

Josepi wrote:

?
Reply to
Josepi