Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

URGENT Test for alternating current without multmeter
I have a lenovo n22 laptop. I am posting this message on it. I was watching i a youtube video when I realized that the ac/dc adapter was unplugged, whe n I plugged it back in, my laptop made a...

off topic cross post
an off topic cross post If you think you got it then either use it or lose it. don't expect it like it's your birthright. reiterating: 'use it or lose it' especially in the w ay your forefathers were...

I like this ... that's all
Simon Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
24
24

Door Bell Buzzer "tap"
For a remote (from chime) but "near" transformer for door bell power. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a...
16
16

Laser question
45 years ago I was in a bar in Chicago and they had a laser deal that plotted the 2 channels of the sound system as a Lissajous pattern on the back wall. I tried to make one using an old Neon laser...
1
1

Hashing Out These Problems.
We used to get down like Madmen ? Best Wishes for A Safe, Productive & Safe Holiday Season To You All & All. R.Q.T.

EMC - RF IMMUNITY
Hello everyone. 1.) I have an electronics board that has 10 wires coming out that gets conn ected to an end users board with an Ethernet type cable. During our Elect romagnetic Compatibility (EMC)...
2
2

T-shaped US outlet?
I have an old (1940s I think) ceramic outlet in a box, for a two prong plug, no ground. It accepts a standard US 2 prong (1-15) plug. It is polarized. It is also marked "15A 125V" (molded in the...
10
10

Electric Motor for Animated Store Display
Hello, all, and perhaps a question for the "seniors" in the ng: Back in the 1950s-1960s era one often encountered countertop (or larger) cardboard product displays that were animated by a simple...
6
6

Medium Voltage Cable Market Trends, Business Strategies and Opportunities with Key Players Analysis
Request a Sample Report at 0000470 Electricity conducting cables ranging from 2,000 V to 35,000 V is termed as medium voltage cables. These cables are generally used in mobile substatio n equipment...
1
1

Best wishes and Good luck in your first year.
Crib notes or Cheat sheets. "Trigonometry" e^(iwt) = cos(wt) + isin(wt) i^2 = -1 and +i = squareroot(-1). -> 2(i)sin(wt) = [e^(iwt) - e^(-iwt)]. -> 2cos(wt) = [e^(iwt) + e^(-iwt)]. -> 2sinh(wt) =...
3
3

The rating of an EHV transmission line
When an EHV transmission line (let's say 345 kV or 400 kV, for example) is rated at 1,000 MW, is this 1,000 MW:- a. the rating which should not be exceeded in normal service, with the aim of...
7
7

GFCI's: Upstream protection Also ?
Hello, Concerning the normal GFCI protectors/modules: Obviously they protect "downstream" like they are designed to. But does this protection also extend "upstream" ? If so, to where ? Thanks, Bob
2
2

Single phase ind. motor with external inductor
To the person who replied: Thank you. I finally found my way into your reference. However, the resistance split phase motor does not seem to explain the motor I have. In the book there is no external...

Boy Scouts electrocuted in deadly Texas boating accident
Hello, and your story, while tragic, isn't anything new. There's a number of instances over the decades where a metallic conductor (antenna mast, etc) from a ground vehicle came into contact with an...
2
2