Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dogs
This is certainly the truth I am now registered at 5 different adoption places and no joy yet. I do know the world is awash in pit bull mixes. I also think these "dog" people really do not understand...

Question about digital thermometer circuit board
I have a very inexpensive digital thermometer/hygrometer that works well but the temperature only reads centigrade. The circuit board has some markings (R9 F; R7 C) and I have the feeling it can be...
5
5

Who can tell me how much about one set 3T induction furnace?
Hello,sir or madam, Do anybody know 3 ton capacity 6 rectifier 12 pulse;steel shell;cast iron melting furnace ballpark estimate? Plan to machine tool manufacturing. Thanks.

Question about Door Bell Wiring
I need a second doorbell in the garage shop. There is only one button (at the front door). The transformer is in the garage where I need the second bell and only has 2 wires connected to it. I would...
7
7

Help with wiring zwave switch for water heater (240V)
Moin, I hope this is a suitable group for this kind of question. If no, suggestions are welcome. I'd like to automate our storage/tank water heater using some home automation system using zWave. Local...
4
4

What is going on here (electrically)?
In Philadelphia, the electrical distribution system has many configurations similar to these: Two transformer cans on a pole. Notice the small lower one doesn't have any MV connections or even any MV...
7
7

Electrical Safety Month
Got the heads up from this groups website on social media. * Stay Safe * R.Q.T. https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/56011-support-electrical-safety?locale=en

Microwave oven woes...
A client left a faulty microwave oven at my friend's shop, I opened it up and first thing I checked was, of course the HV fuse. It was open so a new one. Nothing. Checked with my HV probe, at the...
15
15

DC Motor
On older[30 to 50 years] field wound DC motors the field voltage was 90 volts. Why 90 volts and how was it derived? Thamks, CP

MV Power Factor Meters/Measurement
Hello, all, especially power engineers that plan MV distribution runs for electric utilities. Say a 12470/7200 volt medium-voltage distrubution system will most likely need power factor correction...

Special function in power plants
DO power plants have a MILITARY function that short-circuit ALL citizens' AC socket? :)

To those who think solar panels match demand against load
If you want to stop global warming, scrub a few billion off the population. Agriculture caused global warming more than Hummers and the CO2 rise has been tracking population for 8000 years.
14
14

How is one volt defined?
Just curious about it. Does every country have its own devices to calibrate one volt in meters?
22
22

Abraham-Ada's Method
Abraham-Ada's Method /*********************************************************/ Hi, folks. Do you know how to vote when you DON'T like either candidates, Richard and Thomas? Yes, you are right. Pick...
7
7

Re: D < H
Well said!