Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

HDMI, DVI standard, adaptability?
I see plenty of DVI-to-HDMI and HDIM-to-DVI adapters to be purchased. Are these standards equally convertible without losing fidelity (manufacturing quality issues aside)? Are such adapters simply...
3
3

The code_001 still has a problem.
The code_001 still has a problem. If they set up a dummy or so call 'third party' whose name is Axxxx to absorb our arrows and to defend the Adam and Ben, our votes will have no effect because...
1
1

/* what does this code mean? */
/* what does this code mean? */ char* vote((char*) candidate[]) { sort(candidate); if (there_is_a_candidate_i_like == TRUE) return candidate[i_like]; else return candidate[0]; }...

electric installations in decomissioned US base?
There's an old US base here in Crete, 20 km from the city I live (Iraklion, Crete, Greece) in Gournes. It was decomissioned at the end of the Cold War, in 1991. Originally it was wired for 110 Volt,...
6
6

Celebrating IEEE Day ???
Enjoy? R.Q.T. https://m.ieee.org/index.html
1
1

dnd check ,dnd checkonline,dnd chek50000,dnd search
DND is nothing but don't disturb..by using our website we can filter the DND numbers at a time morethan 15000..for that go to dnd check

What a great idea.
What a great idea. Hi, folks. Do you know how to vote when you don't like both candidates, Adam and Ben? Yes, you are right. Pick Adam when you don't like both because A < B. If we don't go to vote,...

MV Power Factor Correction
Hello, everyone. As an EE, I readily understand the theory behind, and the need for, power factor correction capacitor banks on medium-voltge (MV) AC distribution systems. However, I've always been...
5
5

Mousetrap, fault locator.
There was a handy gizmo made to trace intermittent faults that would cause machines to shut down. It was called a Mousetrap. The Mousetrap would indicate which one of several circuits opened first. A...

1950s MV Distribution
Hello, everyone. I was browsing some old 1950s street photographs of the Cincinnati suburb of my youth and was curious about the medium voltage (MV) lines seen on the utility pole cross arms. Unlike...
3
3

We Do Have Bright Ideas!
But Lack Bright Leadership. I found this interesting & a must consideration. R.Q.T. The Time is Right ? Siemens — Innovation Starts Here

Re: Parallel Constant Watt Heating Cables
On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 07:39:06 -0700 (PDT) Pecon P spammed in Message id: : [spam] sells inferior products and will hack your credit card accounts. *plonk* Another lamer hits the bozo-bin.

Help identifying connector
(The images of the plug are stills from a video. I don?t have it in my possession.) The header measures approx.: pin dia: 0.6 mm,0.024 in spacing: 3.85 mm, 0.152 in How can I identify the type of...
2
2

Making precision PCBs with Sharpie and 3D printer
Pretty creative method. Still involves etchant, though... Using permanent marker, a 3D printer and etching to create a PCB. I used FreePCB to create PCB layout and a gerber-file. I then used Flatcam...
21
21

POTS Problem
Hello, all. In addition to cellular service I still maintain a copper-back-to-central office phone line at my residence. I've had this for about 40 years and never had any problems - until now. Here...
3
3