Best high-security locks

Even with the (v obvious) grinder attack, quite an achilles heel don't ya think?

Reply to
fred

You're a locksmith aren't you?

That about says it all.

Thanks for playing though.

Reply to
BSEE

He's a troll. Note that he copied two irrevelant newsgroups. Don't play his game; killfiles are your friends.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

Have TEN

Oh pleeze. if you are going to worry about "super glue" then you have no redemption.

First of all, in major shopping malls there is ALWAYS someone on the inside. Security, janitors, those types are there. Nobody is going to be inconvenienced by vandals.

You guys are in WAY over your head here.

Reply to
billb

How many YEARS of experience do you have in the field of Shopping Center Operations???

How many Operations and Procedures manuals have you seen for the large Shopping Mall Development companies???

I have read and understood the ops manuals for TWO of the LARGEST companies and have held BOTH security and maintenance positions for one of them...

There are many situations, depending on the center size, in which there is ONLY ONE security officer on duty... There are also situations which if two security officers are present BOTH of them are required to respond... Housekeeping contractors are not present for more than FEW hours after the center closes, which depends on the size of the center -- they are NOT paid for more than those few hours after the center closes... That is how long a corporate bean counter has determined should be necessary to clean the shopping center...

Until you do have some actual experience in that field it is wise to stop commenting on things you know nothing about...

The "super-glue" in the locks trick, which you do not seem to worry too much about has been the motis operandi for a crew of trained burglars that have been breaking into jewelry stores inside of malls up and down the east coast...

I have also seen this done before by pissed off teenagers, and let me tell you that if there was ONLY one lock cylinder on that entrance -- the vandalization stands a good chance of not being discovered until some emergency arises... As it is NOT part of any procedure to check each lock every day... Not every door is used every day... The point is that the doors are there and CAN be used if need be...

Evan, ~~ formerly a maintenance man, now a college student...

Reply to
Evan

have to disagree. there is a major mall in my area where some vandals did just that. (glued cylinders). we must have replaced 30 or so cylinders. by the way, they were NEVER caught.

g'day

Reply to
Key

Well I thought we were a nation of people with better things to do than squirt glue into other people's locks.

Every time i reduce my opinion of the American people I find I have not gone low enough.

Reply to
billb

I maybe should have included I'm an electrician, also work in electronics and find security interesting and have read quite a bit. (But am interested in my house, not installing for a living and probably more interested in fire than security.)

bud--

Reply to
Bud--

whoop te do.. in MY state you are NOT licensed to 'install alarms.. its a separate thing entirely..electricians cant do it.. the MINUTE, you get outside monitoring, then it falls into that juristiction.. and otherwise, IMO, is a waste of time.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

the 'alarm folks' in my state got laws passed.. got to be a 'member of their group to install..they dont require licensed electricians AFAIK and yes, know of the low voltage part of NEC.. this superceeded that part..

the SAME alarm people ALMOST got a law passed here that to install/change ANY lock, you had to be a member of the alarm association.. you do NOT want to know what the 'joining requirements were..' NO distinction was made for house OR automotive locks..It would be illegal for the home owner to change out his front door lock, or the car dealer to fix/replace any car lock.. luckily, that one didnt get passed.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

In my state, Minnesota, an electrician can work on anything covered by the National Electrical Code. That includes alarms. I once worked for a subcontractor for probably ADT on a bank security system. ADT (or whoever) had been chalenged for not using licenced electricians. (Since then a low voltage licence has been created and they can also work on low voltage parts of alarms.) But never mind, I'll just use Google.

bud--

Reply to
Bud--

I thought the F series was easily compromised. Or was it just the F51?

Reply to
clifto

think its the entire F --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

that F series was horseshit back in the late 80's I can tell you that much. What a joke.

Reply to
billb

there is a tool for the F series, and another tool for the KW-NOT Titan.. IMO, if you want better (relatatively speaking) attack resistance, get a TITAN. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Apples and oranges. F-series is a design of locking door knob. F-blank is the shape of a keyhole.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ah. I wasn't watching closely enough and took "F-line" wrong. I F'ed up. :)

Reply to
clifto

This is an easyone

buy Sylinders fro kaba kaba expert is one of few sylinderlocks that are listed as bump proof,and they are also patented so no one can duplicate them and no one has been able to pick them either

Reply to
k-man

You cannot spell cylinder, but your can spell Kaba ... so my guess is you work in their marketing department?

Man i wish i had more time for this one ;-)

Reply to
BogusID