Dog Manipulating the Vittle Vault

Friend of mine mentioned to be today she bought a Vittle Vault to keep the dog food in for her two dogs. It is a container with a handwheel on the top to open and close the lid. The vault holds about a bag of dog food.

My friend mentioned she caught the younger of her two dogs trying to turn the handwheel with its NOSE!

My advice to her was to buy a medium-size Chubb or Mosler safe with a manipulation-resistent combination lock or maybe with a Time lock to keep the dog food and her important papers and household money in.

What do you think? Anyone on here ever been asked how to keep a doggy vittle thief out of the dog chow?

I suggested she consider buying a Watchdog but she says two dogs in the house are plenty.

Brian

Reply to
Brian K.Lingard

Depends on the breed of dog. Most dogs, you could get away with a Sentry. I have four German Shepherds. They're pretty smart. We use an S&G 4440 and hide the keys in two different places.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML