Early Corvette Face Cap Search

Hello,

We do the lock work for a local company that restores old Corvettes. They currently have several ('53-'59) Vettes underway. We are trying to find the "Ridged" facecaps for the door and trunk cylinders. A picture can be seen at:

We will need 20-24 of these face caps.

Any help locating this hard-to-find part would be greatly appreciated. COUNTRY LOCKSMITH Fitchburg, Massachusetts

Reply to
skip

find SOMEONE that has the BIG red Briggs and Stratton book, see if its listed there.. MAY BE available from them, through a supplier, IF you can WAIT.. some items are 'warehouse only'

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

If you put a space before the "at" and the HTTP: then the link will be active in Outlook Express, and will be a lot easier for your readers.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It worked fine the way it was in Netscape.... :^)

Leon Rowell

Storm> If you put a space before the "at" and the HTTP: then the link will be

Reply to
Leon Rowell
080005050605010205090206 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Shiva, Thanks for your suggestion. I have The B&S Red Book. Mine only goes back to 1968 for parts. We tried calling Strattec. but all we got was "Huh?". We have also tried to get these caps from supposed "Old Corvette" (Eckler's,Hemmingway,etc.) parts houses. No go. Eckler's has the reproduction locks(with ridged face caps) available, but the company that makes them refuses to sell the face Caps only; "You have to buy the locks too." I don't need or want the locks. I have original ones that we are trying to keep as original as is possible. We'll keep trying I guess; but Thank You for your USEFUL suggestion.

COUNTRY LOCKSMITH Fitchburg, Massachusetts

Reply to
Hupfeld