funny call today

Regular customer called, needed all keys to an 84 Mustang convertible.. He bought it as a bank repo, and it was rather sad shape, broken glass and few things stripped.. This HAD been through 4 DIFFERENT sets of people, the repo company, the bank, the auction house, and the guy that called me. So, I got into the car, looked in glove box etc for papers that might have codes- this IS a 5 cut system. Anyway-no such luck, so sit down to start impression the ignition.. Forgot a tool, hopped back out of car and got back in. Hit the visor on the way.. and i reached up to check it as well, and what falls out? car AND whoever the owner originally was, house keys as well, PLUS 1 remote..

Walked over to the owner and said, wanna have a good laugh? and handed him the keys.. he paid the trip charge gladly.. and we all had a good laugh over it..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

You're more honest than some. One other lockie I used to know had a similar moment. Found the keys in the seat. He decoded the cuts, punched out new keys, and stuffed the keys back into the seat. His comment "if he knew the keys were there, he wouldn't have needed me...."

And your customer is more honorable than most.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-&spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Rp_8h.25090$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

exactly the type locksmith that gives us all a bad name. every type business has its share:-)

Reply to
Key