KiK turn button

Whick KiK locks must I turn the interior turn button, as opposed to simply turning inside door knob, to open? Does same apply to lever locks? Any guide lines would be apprerciated. Thanks, William

Reply to
William S. Gilman

Kwikset 400 series, you have to turn the button.

The old residential Dexter, and I think the Weiser you had to turn and release the button to get out.

Schlage f51 are always unlocked from the inside. Weslocks turn the door knob, and the button pops out.

Those are the common brands around here.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi William, Some of the grade two Arrow levers have that option. Rotate the inside lever-thumbturn will pop out-Well, release. Seeya in C.O.L.T.i.

goma.

Reply to
goma865