legges padlock

I've just bought an old padlock on ebay, the dust cap over the keyhole has "legges" and a three legged logo stamped on it just like on the Isle of Man flag.... It appears to be quite old, at least 50 yo... But what I'm getting to is, last week alone I fitted 4 "legge pacific" mortice locks that were supplied by the customer and the same logo was on the boxes, they were made in New Zealand... does anyone know the history of legge, and could my padlock be part of it's (by the look of it's build) primitive start? many thanks

steve

Reply to
steve

The padlock is made by Legge (UK) a company with a long history :

Legge pacific, is a New Zealand company, also part of Ingersoll Rand.

Paul

Reply to
oldlock

Reply to