locker combinations algorithm possibly?

I am trying to see if there is an algorithm to find out people's locker codes. Since most people don't bother to reset the spinny thing you know the last number automatically. So does anybody know any algorithms? If you do the help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reply to
potnisanish

LOL...

You are for real, right ???

If you are talking about the "built-in" type locker locks made by Master Lock company -- such locks turn the dial slightly as you pull up on the handle to open the locker...

It would be loads easier for you to try and find out where the locker combination list is kept than to attempt to deduce what the combination is merely by observing the last digit (or the number you think is the last digit) and try to figure out a pattern...

LOL...

Reply to
Evan

Algorithm: Try a combination. If it doesn't work, try another. If it works, stop.

Do a bit of websearching and you'll find diagrams showing how simple combination locks work. Study that and you'll see that there's no particular guaranteed relationship between the last number and the others, since the gates can be placed pretty much anywhere on the wheels.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

yes, I am talking about the master lock company ones. I also have a stethoscope. Is it possible to use a stethoscope to hear the clicks of the lock or whatever?

And if either of those don't work, is it possible for me to just pick it?

Reply to
potnisanish

no

no.. what are you going to PICK-that requires a key hole..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Shiva:

This is some high-schooler that wants to peek in other students' lockers... All of the built-in Master Combo lock I have ever seen have a bypass/control key to open the locker and to reset it to one of the five or seven (i forget which) combinations it can be changed to...

Evan, ~~ formerly a maintenance man, now a college student...

Reply to
Evan

LOL...

Life isn't an episode of MacGyver kiddo...

Stethoscopes on a locker combo lock ??? ROFL...

Picking the lock is possible, but it is a tiny lock and more than likely the possible key bittings are chosen carefully to be a bit harder to pick...

It is much easier to open that type of locker in another way which involves a common and simple tool of the correct size... You will just have to figure that part out on your own...

Reply to
Evan

You've also been watching too many movies. A scope won't help you at all with this lock.

OK, who's gonna tell him about hair driers?

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

Thanks for your help. So do you think its possible for me to pick the locker? I can do my front door...Evan what tool are you talking about? screwdriver, safety pin, paper clip...hmmm...

Reply to
potnisanish

Evan was thinking a paper clip pounded flat, so it would go in to the keyway. Right, Evan?

(Twenty years in the trade, and I'm giving away my best secrets. I'm pathetic.)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It was a toss up between hair dryers, and the little three ounce hammer, and then tell him the contact spot to rap em open. Me, I think the three ounce hammer is easier to carry. Damn, though, the hair dryer thing is slick, and doesn't leave any marks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Does your mother know you are on the computer? How about you go back to looking at t*ts, and leave the lockers alone.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Comon Christopher, the kid does not have a clue. You should have given him a link to find the t*ts Like this one:

Roger Shoaf

Just carry around a portable X-Ray machine and X-Ray where each gate is. Spin the dial left and right and see where the gates moved to. When you get in trouble with the principal, remember to be as creative with your story as possible, since you won't be the first or last to tell why you are trying to break in to government property.

Steve

Reply to
Steve, but not the Australian Steve

This one really gives me a rush of excitement.

Thanks for the tinyurl. That was cute, Roger.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There is a relationship between the last number and the 1st and 2nd numbers. If you know the last number, the combinations are reduced to a possible 100. I'm not going to tell you the relationship as, oh I don't know, maybe there is a thief lurking out there.

Bob

Reply to
Bob B.

I thought you would like that. Something about the main figure with the long flowing hair and the rock hard nipple, those open and inviting arms I suspect would excite many folks.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Butch, Stay away from my locker.I'm warning you, you little piece of shit.

If I see you with a stethoscope-your ass will be mine.....

And when I get done with you, your momma will need a logarithm to put your silly ass back together again.

No one has t*ts like your sister.....

Signed, Your good ole' buddy, "Scooter"

LMAO.

goma.

Reply to
goma865

Scooter, you inadequate nose breathing weasel. I'm not scared of you and your log and the rhythm. I'm going to pound your spectacles into the ground, and then squeeze your big ears.

I'm gonna rip your locker open with my bare hands and crush your TI calculator, you little sissy. Don't bother to call your Mommy on your 911 phone -- I'll crush that, too.

My sister? Heck, she's about ten times bigger than your pipsqueak butt. She could pound you with one hand.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Good! That way you'll learn something.

Most likely you'll learn not to get caught trying, but...

I'll warn you now: If you do develop this skill, you *immediately* become the school system's prime suspect any time anything goes missing. That's not a great position to be in, even if you really are an ethical individual. Remember the zeroth commandment: Don't do anything _STUPID_.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman