need help

its a Ford, with a bed cover, NOT Ford..

has 2 locks, with a snap metal cover that flips (spring loaded) over the lock, which sticks up a little distance from the cover. the locks are near the tail gate, too J 243 code.. and an AP4 will almost go in-its too long.. but the master blank for those 5 will NOT..

ideas on the proper blank?? didnt get to tear into it, it was just passing thru, but they need keys.. what I need is the proper key blank number?

ideas? thanks.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I show two possibilities for "J 243 code" Orig # D8789 / Ilco # 1069E Orig # HO1L / Ilco # L1054G if it has just 3 wafers ? Ilco # 1125 / Orig # 9000 / Curtis # H6

g'luck

Reply to
Key

thanks..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

your welcome...

forgot to tell ya, those came from genericode.

Reply to
Key

everything I found in my books, was the wrong key blank..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

my genericode was just updated a few months back. please let me which one worked, if any ?

Reply to
Key

yeah, will get ILCO book out tomorrow and see what is close to the AP4.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

J243 shows a L1054G in instacode, sub to a FR2 which I think is a part of that AP series should be a AP2?

been a while so you better check that.

Reply to
Keyman55

If it's the Ilco #1125 / Orig #9000 / Curtis #H6 that is the same key way as the '32 through '48 Fords & '47 through '52? Studes......

Leon

--Shiva-- wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

You might try looking up the code number here:

You can't get the cuts unless you subscribe but it will let you know what locks that code series is used on and the key blanks used.

Leon

--Shiva-- wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

plus 48 jeeps, and 98 Winnebagos among others..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

thats a handy demo even,... thanks

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

No problem. I use it a lot....

Leon

--Shiva-- wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

UPDATE...

grrrr... finally the owner had some time and I got a chance to open it.. its a cam lock..

the blank that fits is a FIC 1

so, tomorrow, now that I got a lock and time, gonna impression it..

(BTW, the 1525 Hurd will ALSO go in, 1 way) --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--