Six foot high deadbolt

Who's John Smith?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Really? I didn't know that the Jamestown Colony had Mormons.

Reply to
Skip

Ahh, that's the sort of comment that has sparked many a war, & caused the death of millions of people world wide. As you well know, the catalyst for most horrific battles and wars throughout the centuries have been arguments about bloody religion. Thou shall not kill, ("but it doesn't count if the other side is not MY religion"). In Church one day, then out shooting & dropping bombs on people the next. Bunch of bloody hypocrites if you ask me. My 2c on the subject.

Reply to
Steve Paris

Actually the commandment is "Thou shalt not 'murder'".

Christians would never start a war specifically over religious differences. Other religions may, but not *true* Christians.

However, Christianity doesn't forbid war especially if it is in defense of others.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Steve,

That sort of insight is not welcome by those that pick up their crayons and check there brains at the door.

Besides religion is not the only cause of war, often it is the lust for real estate and power. Of course there are those that would suggest that is a good definition for organized religion.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

make that Jo

I got the first 2 letters right.

Reply to
billb

Thank you !

See there's the difference. Many people who profess and (even believe them selves) to be Christians really aren't, when you examine their hearts.

Many people aren't aware of the fact that Jesus didn't particularly like "religious" people and rebuked the quite often. Jesus often caught heat for hanging out with those in society that everyone else avoided and even shunned.

And remember, it was the "organized" religious leaders of Him time had Him hung on that cross.

Christianity - TRUE Christianity - isn't about "religion" at all. It's about a _relationship_. The diffefnce can sometimes be hard to understand. But once you "get it", you've got it. :)

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

The Catholic faith is confession on Saturday. Absolution on Sunday. At it again on Monday.

Reply to
billb

But you cannot prove the above statement. You hear such things on the radio or TV and take it as fact. This is bad.

Reply to
billb

If it could be proven, it wouldn't be faith. I know what God has done in my life. That's what my faith is built upon.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

believe them

hearts.

most hearts consist of valves and cardiac muscle. examining them will not yield much religious information.

that's what it says in Matthew, (Saint. First century A.D. One of the

12 Apostles and the traditionally accepted author of the first Gospel of the New Testament.)

See, I do have something in common with your "friend"

talk long enough about a relationship with a dead man and you'll wind up in a room that locks from the outside with a large key and a horizontal keyway, and you'll be wearing a jacket that ties in the back.

But don't sweat it, you'll be happily and heavily sedated.

Reply to
billb

Advise for all Locksmiths, NEVER, EVER, discuss religion, politics, or in some cases, sport, with a customer. It is the quickest way to lose that customer as a repeat client.

And may the Grand Geometrician of the Universe bestow health, wealth and happiness on you all. :-)

Reply to
Steve Paris

politics, or in

oh yeah, wll my god's better than your god and you will never work for me even if you are 22 thousand miles away.

Reply to
billb

My god can beat up your god.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Steve,

Great advice! And also for my brother Bob DeWeese, I would advise he not cast his pearls to the swine. But then again, advise is often like armpits, everyone has them and they usually smell.

Bob

"Steve Paris" snipped-for-privacy@myoffice.net.au>

Reply to
Bob B.

a GREAT bumper sticker. should sell well in the middle east.

Reply to
billb

I tend to disagree with your assessment of advice. I really do.

Reply to
billb

if god is sovereign, then man can never be free. because true freedom demands autonomy --that we be a law unto ourselves. subject to the rule of no one. if man is truly free, god can not exist.if the god of the bible is true that would destroy humanity, because the essential attribute of a human is sovereignty.

Reply to
billb

'Since time immemorial' = 3rd Sept 1189 Or possibly 15th Oct 1582

In any event I am sure you actually mean longer.

Reply to
Absinthe