Standard procedure for car lockouts?

Well, I locked myself out of my car the other day. I called AAA and they sent out a tow truck driver. The driver used a wire tool to get between the gap through moldings and pull on the door handle from the inside.

When you're called on site for a vehicle lock out, do you do what that guy did, impression, or pick ?

Reply to
itsme.ultimate

depends on vehicle.. too many variables to answer.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

you called AAA :-) do you also order steak at a Chinese restaurant ? seriously, depends on the vehicle.

Reply to
Key

Nothing wrong with doing it like that if the vehicle is one that it can be done on without damage.

Depends on the car and if the keys are lost or stuck in the ignition or laying on the seat.

Reply to
Steve

Well, that varies based on the make, model, time of day, how much in a hurry, which vehicle I'm driving, and the customer's attitude.

Locksmithing is a rather complex trade, and there are no simple answers.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Anna Hardgass