Latest threads in 🔒 Lockmithing and Lockpicking Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Help ID Mosler safe
Todd, OLD SAFES were -burglar proof- (some at least) meaning the door fit tight, so you could NOT pour nitro down the crack and blow the door off...thats a TIGHTER than what you get now fit... put a...
5
5

The most important thing
"get paid"

Antique auto locks for sale
I have quite a few antique automotive locks (mostly ford & GM). I have been saving them "just in case" for quite some time. I have finally decided to sell them off. Please contact me if you are...

tubular lock pick. wich one??
i want buy a tubular lock pick. but there are different type less expensive is like the middle there is the top the last is too expensive I want know your experience with this products.
1
1

What is a "dead pin"??
The only definition I could find was "a pin which serves as a ward for a tubular lock". I can't quite grasp how that would work. The only thing my imagination can come up with is that it's a pin...
12
12

can anyone ID this safe?
Had to do a safe opening after a burglar(s) tried and failed. There was no nameplate on it. Some specs are: TL15, LaGard dial and keyed dual control vertically in line, 3 lug handle geared retraction,...
4
4

Ilco unican 1000
My ilco unican 1000 pushbutton lock recently stopped working. Everything seems normal, but the latch doesn't retract after the correct combo is entered and the knob is turned. Tried changing the...
1
1

I thought this group wasn't moterated.
I don't like the fact that my post wasn't published this morning. It IS covered in the FAQ. I haven't read the FAQ in 3 or 4 years though until today. Why was it cut? My ISP, I don't think so. What's...
10
10

Re: Obscurity (was Re: "Locked Shop")
I don't think the alt.locksmithing FAQ addresses these issues in any depth at all, certainly not sufficiently so to help someone develop an informed opinion one way or the other. The only thing I can...
20
20

Mosler safe not opening
Hi,'I just bought a house in which there is a Mosler safe and the previous owner gave me the combination before moving to a nursing home. I can't open the safe and can't reach the previous owner...

Re: Beginners Lock pick set Plus book for sale
Beginners set would be at least 100 pieces. After you've been in the biz for a while you find your favorite three or four.
6
6

Re: Sentry 1220 Safe
serial number- and call the factory... OR get a local locksmith to call the factory-IF the combo has NOT been changed... they got records of it. --Shiva-- nuk pu nuk
7
7

Briefcase Problem
I opened my grandfathers briefcase to get a repair kit out and I opened his briefcase by changing the settings (easy since the numbers that were out were tarnished) but then a bit later he told me he...
1
1

Re: Mosler Safe Parts
do you have any more info mosler made several sizes of round doors
1
1

some funny Ford Locks
been noticing, since I rekey a lot of 10 cut Ford locks for the local dealer, an oddity... the locks have the 2nd wafer missing, as per the packaging idea, but the FUNNY THING I am seeing is the FIRST...
7
7