Latest threads in 🔒 Lockmithing and Lockpicking Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Misleading packaging
I bet you guys have seen this before also. Really cheap warded locks (such as the ones sold at Dollar Tree)that have "pin tumbler" clearly printed on the packaging but anyone that's ever played with...
3
3

Re: Keying brands together
Many offbrand locks will accept a Kwikset blank. The reverse is not always true. Many offbrand locks which accept a Kwickset blank may still have trouble with a Kwikset key. That can sometimes be...
4
4

Installing locks
Got a few questions about installing locks, particularly deadbolts. I've got a set of hole saws and just got an installation kit tonight. How can I be sure that I'm drilling straight? When I'm...
13
13

Rekeying Weiser Knobset
Greetings Group, having just completed a locksmithing course, my brother whose house has seven doors and 4 different keys, asked me if I could rekey some of the locks. I offered to take a look but...
4
4

Keying brands together
Different pin spacing. For example, Kwikset is .248 to the first cut, .150 spacing. Dexter is 216 TFC, and .156 spa -- the cuts don't line up with Kwikky. I've got enough old Locksmith ledger to...

Re: Looking for a key
I've been in the lock biz since 1985, and I don't recognize that one either. Any chance to lay the thing on a copier or scaner, and send us a picture of the entir ekey?

"Locked Shop"
Sometimes I leave this discussion group shaking my days of "The Locked Shop" Theory are gone (pertaining to Locksmithing)Hello... haven't some of ya heard of the internet yet.LOL. Any thing you need...
17
17

Lockpick workshops online (free)
In Europe, there is a large community of sport lockpickers. These people dig pretty deep into locks, and even pick some models that are claimed to be unpickable. Sometimes they will share their...
8
8

Overide key
Hello, I am new here. I have 3 brass combination master locks that I want to change the combinations. I understand I can re-set the combos with a override key. How do I go about getting one? Any help...
3
3

Re: Generating code numbers for padlock keys
Yes, of course, but selling them not to the open is one thing among others making it at leasrt difficult to duplicate such keys. This is one reason why I repeat again and again that the best security...
26
26

Re: seeking new career
Well; with all that said, you might consider finding a niche that the other locksmiths don't care to bother with. In my neck of the woods are a couple of newcomers that are specializing in Motorcycle...
2
2

Re: Should I tell the landlord?
In article <>, Putyourspamhere <> wrote: If you can't get to the other side to bolt and reinforce - then "Toggler" bolts might help. They take a 1/2" hole, but have really high pull-through ratings....
1
1

Re: Lost Skeleton key for an early 1900's Cabinet made in Germany
That's a good first step. I wouldn't expect that they would open the lock - but they are good "raw material" for a locksmith to use to make a key which will open the lock.

Re: Combination Lock Question
So the latch isn't operated by a spring. So why does my lock open no matter which way I hold it?
1
1

Re: Construction Keying
What many don't realize is that all Construction keyed locks are master keyed. Given a five pin cylinder, if they weren't master keyed then a given construction MK could at most operate 10 KD locks....
13
13