Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The temperature during cathodic arc processing
Hello, I want to know the vacuum temperature using cathodic arc technique. If I use titanium as cathode material, how high the temperature of a iron plante placing a distance about 200mm away from the...

Potential difference between two platinum electrodes
I use Potentiodynamic polarisation scan using Saturated Calomel as Reference and Platinum electrode as Counter electrode. Platinum Electrode is a 1cm by 1cm flag type. A few months ago, I started...

Advice needed regarding Diffusion Coefficient of Mo and Nb in Inconel 625 [or Ni or Ni-Cr]
I have laser treated Inconel 625 wrought alloy. As a result there are Nb and Mo rich dendrites. I want to remove this microsegregation by heat treating and thus diffusion process would give a...

Seeking a Ph.D. Student in the Field of Polymeric Materials
We are currently looking for a Ph.D. research assistant (RA) in the field of polymeric materials at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Candidates who have some of the following qualifications are...
1
1

Any Chemical Engineers Can Advise on Soda Ash?
We have a soda ash mixing plant that we want to use to make up batches of soda ash solution, and use this for pH control. The mixing plant consists of 2 x 900 litre tanks fitted with electric mixers....
2
2

Dip Thermometer Solution for a furnace...???
Hey, What would be the Ideal solution for a Dip Thermometer (by Dip I would meant a probe that would be in constant contact with what ever I wanna measure the temperature of in a furnace) as a...
2
2

Reli-On, Inc. ~ PEMFCs ~ Non-Oxide Ceramics ~ Spokane, WA
Sorry to interrupt. I'm contacting you because ReliOn, Inc. ( ) is hiring a Senior Materials Scientist in Spokane, Washington, to work on fuel cell power systems involving non-oxide ceramics. You may...

NANOPARTICLES
Hello to you all I would like to purchase fluorescent nanoparticles 0.05-0.2 UM which are cheaper than molecular probes thanks Oshrat

Cement maitenance
Hi Frens I am trying to find some casting materials for the liners of a MPS roller mill grinding limestone at a rate of 215tph and casting material for reciprocating clinker cooler grate plates. It...

Smooth Ag thin films
I have a question about the deposition of very thin (40 nm) silver films on glass, I hope you can give me some idea. I am going to deposit a film like this because I want to do some study on surface...
4
4

who is working on nano-siliocn carbide?
Is anyone an expert of nanocomposite or silicon carbide ceramic?? Is anyone doing some work on the either subject?? would you like to discuss something on experiment with me??

coumarin dyes
Hi to you all I would like to know if there are fluorescent coumarin dyes that are suitable for rhodamine filter ( ex 543/em 570)? and what about them? Thanks Oshrat

Shape setting - NiTi
Why do we shape set the NiTi alloy (Shape memory material) at a temperature around 400 - 500 C?. What is the physical metallurgy concept behind this?.

Pixel Reflector Array for Micro Solar Tower
Has anyone done anything making prisims or reflectors small enough to be oriented electronically like a LCD display? It would lay flat on the roof and require no electric motors linkages and other...
3
3

Triboelectric amplifiers
I recently asked on about the principle of triboelectric amplifiers, a topic ignored in modern texts. I wrote: "The tribo-electric amplifier is exemplified by Edison's Electromotograph telegraphic...
3
3