Up for auction on EBAY - Handbook of Adhesives by Irving Skeist - 1st Ed -SIGNED!! Low NR Opening Price!

HANDBOOK OF ADHESIVES
by IRVING SKEIST
COPYRIGHT 1962 REINHOLD PUBLISHING (1ST EDITION!)
Opening price -------------------------> $19.99 !!!!
683 PAGES HARDCOVER - NO DJ - EXTERIOR, AND INTERIOR IN BEAUTIFUL SHAPE. INTERIOR - EXCELLENT BINDING! NO SEPARATIONS, NO WRITING, UNDERLINING, ETC. EXTERIOR - NOTHING WORTH MENTIONING!
ONE ODD THING WORTH MENTIONING - BOOK APPEARS TO BE SIGNED BY AUTHOR ON INSIDE FLAP!
I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON THE SIGNATURE OF MR SKEIST - BUT I HAVE LITTLE DOUBT AS TO THE PROVENANCE OF THIS ITEM! ITEM WAS RECEIVED VIA COLLEGE CAMPUS DONATION BIN! (SEE PICTURE OF SIGNATURE! on eBay)
THIS BOOK IS VERY DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN! OTHER SITES ASK HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FOR THE LATER EDITIONS, AND THIS EDITION, IS UNOBTAINABLE!
GOOD LUCK BIDDING IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BIDDING ON! THIS IS A TRUE RARITY!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemE10196742
Sorry for the shameless Ad, but I thought this would be appreciated, as I found mention to it in several threads in this group!
Thanks for looking if you do! Sometimes alerting people in the groups is the best way to find someone who really wants, or need a technically specific or obscure title!
PJMCP
Uh, this edition is unobtainable because it was discarded as obsolete when new editions became available. It's hard to imagine that this book has any value.

Tom wrote:

Agreed. Some branches of materials science don't change much over the years, so a book on metals or glasses can continue to be useful (or at least interesting) after many years. But several revolutions have occurred in adhesives since 1962. The book is too young to have antiquarian value, and much too old to have practical value.