Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Compatibility SolidWorks - Unigraphics
Hey! I'm in a pinch! I need to know how well works the translation of solids prepared in SolidWorks to Unigraphics and vice versa. If anyone could provide me with such information, I would be most...
1
1

Pipeline codes
I would like to know where can i get API & ASME/ANSI pipeline codes (ASME B31.9 & API 1104) for free... Is there any forum i can get it..
3
3

Arizona Jobs
We are looking for Mechanical Engineers who are ready for promotion and looking for exciting projects in Arizona. Know anyone who might be interested? Network Services Group network repair, hardware...

Linear Motion Drived units, how much should they cost?
Hi all, I am looking for linear motion units, fully prepared (with or without motor). Intended application is a xyz cartesian robot to drill low weight and resistance matherials, some precision is...
3
3

femap api
Can I analyze a structure using I know that we can analyse it using When I write a program using and run it in VBA it gets analysed but when I use and run the programe in VBA it does not get analysed....

Warning - CK Engineering
I just wanted to warn people who might do business with CK Engineering of Ballwin, MO (owner - Harold McCormick). Over a year ago, I did some consulting for CK Engineering. At the time, they indicated...
2
2

stellite to stainless steel 316
Welding stellite casting to 316L, any one have any good stories on what to look for or how to avoid problems..... Robby

In ABAQUS, is there a way to set material property a normal distribution in the model?
Hi, I try to look at the effect of defect in structures but do not want to set defect manually. So, as the subject, is there a way to set material property a normal distribution, and let ABAQUS itself...

on steam seal calculation (steam turbine)
When I calculate self sealing load point on 500MW steam turbine, I couldn't assume inlet of N2 packing pressure & enthalpy. At this time, I assumed the pressure as HP bowl pressure and the enthalpy as...

EMPIRE 2D Structural Design with model building and import to any CAD
EMPIRE 2D Structural Design with model building and import to any CAD programs, together with NormDesk SheetFolding program EMPIRE 2D is written in dutch, english and german. EMPIRE 2D is the no.1...

Blair's The Basic Design of Two-Stroke Engines Software
Does anybody have a copy of the software (BASIC source code) that came with GP Blair's 1990 book entitled "The Basic Design of Two-Stroke Engines"? Also, a listing of errata to the book? I'm porting...
6
6

are the graduate and postgraduate and Phd reports on low-speed wind tunnel in pdf format in net i heve one item found(only name) please help me to find this
Peters, H. J. H., The Manufacture and Testing of a Wind Tunnel Model of the UAV Brumby Mk II, Aeronautical Engineering Undergraduate Thesis, University of Sydney, 2000

Looking for HSS specs
I'm looking for moments of inertia and other modeling info on hss sizes under 1-1/4", anyone have any ideas where o look?

SUCCESS -- Bridgeport mill is home and on Casters.
My Bridgeport mill is finally home. It is a Textron model with a bigger knee. For some pictures, including closeups of flaking marks, coolant pump, etc see did place it on casters today. I raised it...
11
11

please help me find the book on wind tunnel
MODERN DEVELOPMENT IN FLUID DYNAMICS LOW SPEED FLOW VOL-I OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS
3
3