Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Assumptions And Derivations
Many times in deriving formulaes and equation we come across assuming as UNIT LENGTH , UNIT MASS , OR SOME UNIT QUANTITY . i want to know why this term is used and what is its significance and how...
3
3

Engineer's Web-site
Take a look at an engineer's conception of an interesting web-site. Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Minimum clearance for oscillating bushing lubed with grease and recommendation for bushing material
Hi everyone, I would like to ask if anyone could please offer some advice on the following... I have a cantilever mounted round steel housing about 1.5" long that I want to oscillate on a 3/8" OD...
2
2

Cutting Material For Development Tooling
Hi, I am looking for some forward thinking engineers to offer advice on development tooling for a cutting system that I am working on at present. The equipment in question is a 10 lane tape sealer...
3
3

is there any freeware of finite element modelling?
watin for reply!
4
4

Where can I get infomation about "Toshiba Turbine business"?
I want to get some information about "Toshiba steam turbine business." as well their power plant business. I googled last few days, but I couldn't get any latest news. (after Toshiba took over...
2
2

finite element set up for beam
Hi, I think this question should be pretty simple. I have a rectangular 2D cantilever beam with an external point load in the downward direction at the free (right-hand) top corner of the beam (the...
7
7

stitching multilayer
Your very best source in this matter might well be your Mom - if she has a sewing machine. If not a friend's Mom might serve your purpose equally well. Brian Whatcott Altus OK
1
1

efficiency of walking
I was talking with someone about walking vs. bike riding, and had to explain why walking is far less efficient: every time your foot hits the pavement, bam, it's a dead stop; large kinetic energy...
26
26

Fluidized Bed Gas-Gas Heat Exchanger
For decades chemical engineers have known that the particles in a fluidized bed "scour" through the thermal boundary layer resulting in heat transfer coefficients an order of magnitude higher that...
16
16

20 Cent/Watt Solar Thermal
See the recent "Low Pressure Ratio Regenerated Stoddard" post in Yahoo Groups' Hot Air Engine Society. 33% efficiency from a low tech intermediate temperature closed cycle engine. Bret Cahill

Call for Papers: 14th Finite Element Workshop in Biomechanics, Biomedicine and related fields on 18th and 19th July 2007 in Ulm/Germany
Invitation to the 14th FEM Workshop 2007 at the University of Ulm Dear members of the Finite Element community, This year we are organizing the 14th workshop on "The Finite Element Method in...

Fabricating the ultimate baseball bat
Hello and thanks for checking out my posting - i am reposting this message. I am doing research for an engineering type project and want to test the rule why there are no corked or aluminum bats...
2
2

Chemically Resistant Clear Guarding
I am looking to source a material to guard machinery that is resistant to chemical cleaning though remains fully tansparent, toughened glass can not be considered due to the nature of the guarding and...
8
8

rupture disk diameter vs pressure
A while back I asked about using some foil as a rupture disk valve in a small air cannon I am making. I have done some testing with a 1" pipe union that went very well. I am probably going to end up...
1
1