Water Electrovalve design

Hi,

I would like to design and build my own water electrovalve (to control water flow) so I wonder if someone can point me to papers, urls, books.... on this subject.

Thanks/Brgds JJ

Reply to
JJ

If it's true that well-specified is half the design completed, spell out the desired flow rate, target pressure, on/off versus proportional, rate of change desired and estimated life in terms of cycles....

Brian W.

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

Hi Brian,

Actually it is a solenoid valve for a normal water tap. I know there are several devices on the market and several companies that can design them but I was trying to find technical information about types/ design engineering of such devices.

Thanks/Brgds Joao

Brian Whatcott wrote:

Reply to
JJ

Joao,

perhaps it would be best to start with an idealized cross-section of a piloted solenoid water valve. Here is one described in the Wiki.

BrianW

Reply to
Brian Whatcott