VICKERS M55 MICROSCOPE

Hi Group For disposal at a reasonable price. We have a Vickers M55 Metallurgical projection microscope, in excellent condition and which has been very
carefully used in our test labs. Unit is desk mounted and comes with many extras incl full range macro and microstructure objective lenses, microhardness tester, Polaroid print and 35mm film adaptors, with transmitted and polarised light. Spare Xenon lamps etc etc
Can arrange for an appropriate box for sea freight shipment overseas as required. Suitable for 230-240V AC 50/60Hz power supply.
Contact Sandy Cochrane (Mr) SACOMET LIMITED UK
em: snipped-for-privacy@sacomet.com

Sandy,
Wow, a collectors item! If I remember right that is a vintage and veteran unit, perhaps fifty years old. They used to cost as much as a Buick (or Rover) automobile. Carnegie Tech had theirs buried in the bowels of Doherty Hall. It had a 5x7" camera using a clever zoom projection system with a rotating mirror located below waist level in a box. It also had a pair of polished wooden armrests like a naval periscope.
There is a picture of a Projection Microscope posted under Vickers at Toronto Scientific and Surplus: http://www.torontosurplus.com/redirect.php?middleframe=http://www.torontosurplus.com/sci/sci40.htm
You might also try posting on another group, sci.techniques.microscopy, and contacting microscope clubs or museums. Good luck!
Pittsburgh Pete
DISCLAIMER
We do not believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Do not worry, be happy.