0JT chuck with capacity > 5/32"

Probably wishful thinking but has anyone come across a 0JT mount chuck with a capacity greater than 5/32"? Thanks!

Reply to
oparr

What type of tolernaces do you need to hold on runout? I can probably make you an ER8 or ER11 collet chuck (5mm / 7mm capacity max. or 3/16" / 1/4") I can't guarantee great runout on a custom made item like that, but we can at least look into it if you wish.

What materials will you be working in, etc...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Thanks Joe, I'll let you know.

Reply to
oparr

Why 0JT? If it's on a lathe tailstock you can get larger arbors, such as Morse 0 to Jacobs 33, like I have for my small lathe. However a large chuck droops on it.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

To match the spindle on the drill. I can buy a larger chuck/spindle combo ($$$$) but the drill press manufacturer was able to hand pick a

0JT Jacobs 5/32" chuck with capacity just greater than 3/16" so I'll get that >
Reply to
oparr