1100 Pounds Capacity

Reminds me of this one for some reason...

Dumb guy goes and buys himself a shiny new chain saw. His salesman assures him he'll be able to cut N cords of wood a day with it.

He goes home, but try hard as he might, can only cut N-5 cords.

Disappointed, he takes the saw back and the embarrassed salesman takes it in for warranty repair.

Dumb guy picks it up a couple of days later, but again, hard as he tries, can now only cut N-4 cords... better but not right.

He returns it yet again, and the whole process repeats till dumb guy is finally cutting N-1 cord... better, but still a disappointment.

On his final trip to the store, the salesman apologizes profusely, and explains to dumb guy he's never had an issue with this model, and can't understand whats wrong. Puzzled, the salesman picks up the saw, snaps on the ignition and gives it a smart yank... ring ding ding ding ding, ring ding ding ding ding.

Dumb guy, now visibly shaken, sporting bugged out eyes and slack jaw yells over the din to the salesman, "Whats that noise, Whats that noise?"

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Ha-ha! I have to remember that one. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

that happened just north of Montreal! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

LOL! I think we're seeing the attitude of an English-speaking Canadian here...

My favorite was a remark made a French kid, about my age then (20), when I was studying in Europe, when I asked him what he thought of Canadian French speakers. "Whatever it is they speak, it isn't French," he said.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That's what they say about anyone who doesn't speak the same patois they do.

Much like what my German girlfriend says about those who speak other dialects of Deutsch.

And the governor of California does NOT speak German, he speaks Austrian!

Tribalism is alive and well.

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

Not to beat this old horse, but we had some close friends who were French Canadian. He was a highly educated MD, an international representative for Carter-Wallace pharmaceuticals. She was a beautiful farm girl from Quebec. She was often upset when her husband wouldn't take her on his trips to Paris. He went there frequently but only took her once in a while.

One night when he was alone, sitting on my parents' patio and drunk enough to just about fall off his chair, he told us why: Her accent was so embarrassing, he said, that he would only take her to Paris when he wasn't going to be meeting with customers. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

DiL in the other London will never teach in the "better" schools because of her cockney accent.

l Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

That story was originally (I think) told on a "Bert and I" record back in the late 50's. Bert and I were a couple of Yale students named Marshall and Dodge, who became pretty well known for their humorous stories told in heavy Maine accents. This one was "The Silent Chain Saw". It's possible and even likely that they heard the story from someone else, but they were the ones who made it popular.

"Harry Sleeps at L.L. Bean" and "Gagnon, The Champion Moose Caller" were a couple of other favorites.

John Martin

Reply to
jmartin957

I heard the saw story from my dad... probably in the early 60's.

A quick search turned up this on Bert & I... I'm sure there is much more if you poke around a little.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Probably 1100 for all four. You may be better served with a bunch of wooden dowels, and roll it. Of course, depending how far you want to go.

More detail is a good thing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon