Subject Author Posted Replies

Lincoln MIG tips compatible with Hobart?
I have a Hobart 125 wire-feed welder that came with .030" wire. I picked up some .035 wire and, without thinking, a set of Lincoln brand contact tips. Any reason to think they won't be compatible with...
1
1

For Sale-Kalamazoo 7" Chop Saw
Kalamazoo 7" Chop Saw, new bearings on spindle, single phase 2HP Baldor motor (standard motor is 1HP), has a barely used .045 wide cut- off wheel, $255.00, located near Dallas, TX, will send picture...

Dividing head parts wanted
I've got a little Clausing mdl 8647 dividing head. It only came with one disc, the one with 15,16,17,18,19 and 20 holes. I believe they originally came with 2 other discs. Anybody have a source for...
4
4

yet another reason for safety clothing
I have been doing some lathe work in my garage without a shirt this summer (it's down to 95 degrees at 05:00 if I am lucky), and I discovered a really good reason not to do this. Cleaning out aluminum...
8
8

Brass ACME nut repair
Now that I have my lathe "working", I started looking at its condition a little more closely. On my lathe, the cross slide is moved by a 3/4-5 ACME screw, that moves a brass nut attached to the cross...
44
44

Old troy bilt tiller update
Update: Took spark plug out. The piston is not moving. WIth the tiller in gear, pulling the recoil starter, the tiller will move. (Meaning I guess the crank is not snapped in half or soemthing. I plan...
3
3

Lathe turning question (round toolpost)
My lathe has a round toolpost and a couple of lathe bit holders that look like they are for 3/8 inch bits. Maybe I am really wrong, but it seems like they are not big enough for this large lathe? Am I...
12
12

SOLVED -- the non-working ON/OFF/BRAKE switch on the lathe
I finally understood what was wrong. My own reconstruction of what happened at some point prior to my lathe purchase, is as follows: the missing spring holding the lower bar (see picture) broke or was...
4
4

fs: metalworking magazines
before we break up these sets and put them up at the usual auction venues, perhaps someone here is interested: Home Shop Machinist - complete issue 1 volume 1 through 2001, plus a few later issues...
4
4

True up a three jaw?
Got one that seems to run 0.022" out. I turn a rod, indicate off it and it's great, rotate it in the chuck 120 deg and then it indicates 22 thou out, turn it another 120 deg and the same story,...
10
10

ON/OFF/Brake lever does not wsork on the Clausing
Big, detailed pictures are here: ON/OFF/BRAKE lever on the lathe is not working. The way I understand it should work, is that in the rightmost (clockwise) position it should act as a brake, and if...
23
23

A useful little project
I discovered that I needed a small plastic-faced hammer. I know they have such things (junk) at HF, and presumably good ones at Brownell's ... but it seemed like it might be fun to make one. So I did....
26
26

fs: anyone want a Black Diamond precision drill grinder
lockheed surplus from long ago - this is my friend's, he's about to toss it for scrap, if anyone wants it for $20 (plus shipping), let me know it has the cast iron base, 1/4 HP 3440RPM motor, and...
2
2

pump wire sizes
You may remember I asked about the pressure switch wire for my pump last week... The group convinced me to replace all the wires and put in conduit. More investigation shows I should move the pump...
17
17

rockwell mill
A friend of mine just bought a rockwell mil froma scholl and he needs some info. anyone know something about these? Randy, Rockwell Mill serial # 21-100 Model # 1541341 I need the handle for table...
1
1