Subject Author Posted Replies

Mystery Tool
Can anyone identify this set of tools? I picked it up at a garage sale the other day. Who could resist for $2 ? Steve Mystery Tool
7
7

HTS-2000 any good?
Is this stuff any good? I want to fabricate some small AL tubes in the from of a cube? 'm guessing a zinc alloy, but is it good? Karl http://www.aluminumrepair.com/index.aspI
3
3

Threadlockers and superglue
I have never used threadlockers before (but I have only recently discovered the benefits of internal combustion engine, so forgive me!). I spent some considerable time on the various web-sites and got...
20
20

Smallish no-backlash screw drives
I'm looking for a very small screw drive to move a brass slug in and out of a coil. (Read that as "Permeability-tuned oscillator" if you know radio.) It'll be hand-operated, and maybe 10 or more...
9
9

Ping: Ohio Brush Tom
Can you make this for my customer? Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: Spindle Drills:
5
5

Structural Folds or Creases in Aluminum
I have been looking at aluminum boats for the last couple years now with an eye towards how they are built. I have noticed a lot of them will have 'V's folded or stamped into the hull along the length...
3
3

Surface finish when punching/pressing
Folx, what kind of surface finish can one expect punching holes (say 1.5" long by .150 wide) in 1/8" thick 7075 Al ? The application is punching of reed holes in accordion reed plates. I have seen...
4
4

Suggestions on 'dumbwaiter design'
The old man wants to put a 'dumbwaiter' into the barn so he can get 'stuff' up to the second story easier, he's getting old (79) and walking up stairs is getting harder so I've been kicking plans...
18
18

OFFER -- trade Troyke DMT-15 for DMT-12 rotary table
I would like to offer my Troyke DMT-15 rotary table (with cross slide on top of rotary) as a free trade for a Troyke DMT-12 table. The obvious reason for me wanting to trade, is that the DMT-15 is too...
13
13

Sellers 1G drill Grinder parts? (2023 Update)
I just bought a model 1G Sellers drill grinder that is missing the grinding wheel. I didn't think much about the missing wheel when I bought the grinder but it turns out that finding one is a big...
27
27

Quick zinc removal
I have a few zinc plated steel retainer brackets that are of no general value. 3/8 by 1" in cross section, slieghtly bent. I wanted to use them for welding practice, but I need to remove zinc first....
13
13

Joe Gwinn
Joe... Want a threading attachment for Hardinge HC? With a bunch of "cam followers" or whatever? i Cool. Thanks. > proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
2
2

Blacksmith Day Saturday
Hi All good and important days to be remembered got its day in the calendar. Last year, close to Valentine's Day, members of Antracit Blacksmith Portal hand forged roses to their wife's and...

Weight chevy 350
Hi, Can somebody tell me what an chevy 350 V8 block weighs complete with exhaust manifolds, starter engine, dynamo and heat exchanger. Engine is in a jet boat. Need to know the approximate weight for...
1
1

fa - nice metric? facemill - 4 inch diameter
here's the listing - when I got my mill, I bought way too much tooling, some of this has got to go - this looks like a really really nice facemill, but I have more than enough now in every size I can...
2
2