Amway

It's HARD to cheat an honest man, but in today's world it is no longer impossible.

Reply to
clare

Where does that phrase come from? W. C. Fields did a movie with that title, and in it, he was a carnie flim flam man.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope! Choice! Change! Competition! Jobs! Hope!

A mesmerizing mantra................ NOT!

Reply to
SteveB

I signed up, years ago. The catalogs were hard to understand. My sponsor's phone was always busy when he wanted me to call, Friday between 7 and 8. And no one else appeared interested in signing up. After a couple years, I quit and didn't look back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 15:17:44 -0800 (PST), the infamous " snipped-for-privacy@coinet.com" scrawled the following:

Yeah, he's a Demonrat cheerleader alright. Due to their numbers, the radical leftwingers in Portland control the state and keep electing trash like him to office.

-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well I just picked one up last week, cost was $1,364 plus tax and license.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Now we will admire and worship you!!!

i just kidding

Reply to
Ignoramus16167

Nothing says "hasbeen" or "wannabee" quite like a banged up or rusty MB, Lincoln, or Caddie!!!!!

Reply to
clare

And nothing says "I drive what I drive 'cause I like it" quite like my

1978 Chrysler Newport!
Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

You forgot the worst, the Beemer. I parked cars in Vegas for years, and Beemer owners were just wannabe Mercedes owners. And every one of them was a lousy dollar tipper, and wanted their car first. Yeah, right, like that's gonna happen. Took them forever to do the stylish entry into the car, close the door lightly, lock the doors, put on the seat belt, adjust the mirror, it goes on and on.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I had a '68 convertible with the 383 wedge engine, 4 bbl carb. 2.90 rear end gears, and the puppy would cruise at 75. Wish I had it today. Fast, stylish, powerful, and had good lines.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Well you can think want you want, I got this because these cars are cheap to maintain and are durable.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Indeed. My wife tried it about 15 yrs ago. Products were ok...some actually decent..but in a town of 15k..and 10 other dealers......she lost interest really fast.

One of the few things she tried that didnt cost me (much) money.

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves, but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post, listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02 worth."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

My thoughts exactly. Not everyone views cars as extensions of ego. Some of us just use them to get where we want to go...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Or a Fiat 500?

Reply to
N Morrison

My 82 300TD Wagon is probably worth about $4K now, but being an ex-mercedes tech i got it with a few problems and fixed it for far less. Damned good car and rated to haul 1/2 ton with hydraulic suspension to keep it level. Most people can't drive an old one like that anymore as it "nickle and dimes" them with $50 and $100s as old parts fail.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

"Rich Grise" wrote

Mark Twain - Beware of a man who tells you he's honest. He'll probably lie about other things, too. (paraphrased, of course)

Reply to
SteveB

Hey, I resent that! And I've never been accused of stylish entry (6'4", over 50, Z3)

Reply to
RBnDFW

I lie quite often, but I'm not gonna tell you who with :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand