Amway

I believe in this very deeply. Mark Twain was very right.

Ignoramus12778

Actually..no its not. But they are not as common as they once were.

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves, but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post, listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02 worth."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

It says a lot about the kind of people Rich hangs out with.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Perhaps, but it could be that he considers hypocrites like Gunner to be dishonest. That would literally be true.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Well done! Very well done!

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves, but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post, listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02 worth."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

IIRC, I got into deep shit in the past for admitting things, and having people question my honesty. It was about retrieving forklifts from underwater, and making sure they were in gear so the drivers wouldn't lose their jobs. Got some pretty righteous answers from some perfect and righteous honest people. Glad I'm not that sick. I'm not perfect, just a little better than I was, and learning to ask forgiveness and not to judge others. IIRC, also, I don't recall ever claiming to be honest. Or perfect.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Ah, John. If we were all just honest, and perfect, like you, what a wonderful world this would be.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I have no more reason to believe anything you say, than Gunner. Your constant rants are irritating, and hard to read with all the typos. You come across as a very bitter old man with dozens of chips on your shoulders.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Being honest does not mean never lying. It means having values that prevent lying for ulterior purposes.

And this is really the key.

Ignoramus12778

He still has my Milwaukee 9" grinder as well. So perhaps he isnt as honest and perfect as one would think...eh?

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves, but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post, listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02 worth."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

"Gunner Asch" wrote

What's yer problem. The man said he'd pay you. He just didn't say when.

Steve ;'-)

Reply to
SteveB

Thank God a few people got my point, and not just entertainment from a public flogging.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

His grinder is right where he left it. He can pick it up at his leisure and the only reason it is here at all is that he left it so I could pay ONE OF MY GUYS to do a job I'd already more than paid him in full , in advance and on his word that he'd finish up, to do. He also said he'd pick it up on one of his many trips through the area.

You guys are right about one thing though. I'm not perfect unless taking gunner at his word makes me a perfect fool. Hey, wait... I guess you ARE right.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

His grinder is right where he left it. He can pick it up at his leisure and the only reason it is here at all is that he left it so I could pay ONE OF MY GUYS to do a job I'd already more than paid him in full , in advance and on his word that he'd finish up, to do. He also said he'd pick it up on one of his many trips through the area.

You guys are right about one thing though. I'm not perfect unless taking gunner at his word makes me a perfect fool. Hey, wait... I guess you ARE right.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Ya wannna post that again? I missed it the first time. And the second time.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Actually I didn't even want to post it once. Gunner humiliates himself enough. He doesn't need my help.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

LMAO. Care to go for four?

Reply to
SteveB

So, Michael, why the personal hard-on for me?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Pay me? It isnt for sale. I simply loaned it to him. No charge. And drove 80 miles to bring it to him.

Gunner

DISCLAIMER: The content does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my ISP, myself, my company or employer, my friends (if any,) my goldfish or my neighbour's mad dog; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; the post is distribution copyrighted to the extent that you may distribute the post and all its associated parts freely but you may not make a profit from it or include the post in commercial publications without written permission from the Prime Minister of Hutt Province; other copyright laws for specific posts apply wherever noted or not noted, either deliberately, negligently, or otherwise; posts are subject to change without notice; posts are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; do not pass go; do not collect $200; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; the post is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; the post is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied; user assumes full liabilities; not liable for damages due to use or misuse; an equal opportunity abuse employer; no shoes, no shirt; quantities are limited while supplies last; if defects are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself but return to an authorised post service centre; caveat emptor; read at your own risk; parental advisory - explicit words; text may contain material some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised; not suitable for children; not suitable for adults; not for human consumption; keep away from sunlight, pets and small children; limit one-per-family; no money down; no purchase necessary; to approved purchasers only; facsimiles are acceptable in South Australia; you need not be present to read this post; some assembly required; batteries not included; action figures sold separately; no preservatives added; tools not included; safety goggles may be required during use; sealed for your protection, do not use if the safety seal is broken; call before you dig; for external use only; if a rash, redness, irritation or swelling develops, discontinue use; use only with proper ventilation; avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool, dry place; keep away from open flames, naked flames and old flames; avoid inhaling fumes; avoid contact with mucous membranes; do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 60 degrees Centigrade; do not place near flammable or magnetic source; smoking the post may be hazardous to your health; the best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a good laugh; text used on the post is made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles; no animals were used to test the hilarity of this post other than Synapse Syndrome; no salt, MSG, artificial colour or flavour added; may contain traces of replies to peanuts; if ingested, do not induce vomiting, if symptoms persist, consult your humourologist; post is ribbed for your pleasure; slippery when wet; must be 18 to read; possible penalties for early withdrawal; post offer valid only in participating newsgroups; slightly higher in South Australia; allow four to six weeks for delivery; damage from hurricane, lightning, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, flood, orgasm, misuse, self-abuse, neglect, unauthorised repair, damage from improper installation, broken antenna, marred cabinet, incorrect line voltage, missing or altered serial numbers, sonic boom vibrations, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts or other Acts of God are not covered; incidents owing to aeroplane crash, ship sinking, motor vehicle accidents, leaky roof, broken glass, falling rocks, mud

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Me too. I left a job unfinished? Which job would that have been? Oddly enough..I loaned it to him for knocking off the crud from a cast iron muliti drill press table. I cant remember if I sold the table to him, gave it to him or simply provided the grinder and wire cup wheel.

Shrug

But not finishing a job? Hardly.