Any musical instrument repairmen here?

Any musical instrument repairmen here? Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

The Musical Instrument Maker's Forum has a section on that. What have you got to repair?

Reply to
MikeMandaville

What type of repair?

Reply to
Roger Paskell

A buddy (sax player) bought some tools from a guy that was retiring from the business, or maybe just his hobby. I've played trumpet for 40 years and am also interested in learning instrument repair. I was over there last night showing him how to use taps and dies and I was just wondering where to find info on techniques, etc. We'd like to fix up old beaters for kids who can't afford to rent or buy them. He's interested in woodwinds and I in brass.

You mean this:

Oh, yeah, I have a Claude Gordon Benge that my son used in high school that needs major work :)

Thanks, Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

According to Randy Replogle :

What musical instrument? Different instruments take different skills. I work (occasionally) on English construction concertinas, but this does not qualify me to work on other instruments.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Hmmmm, I replied but it didn't go through. I build and repair brass instruments. Happy to help when time allows.

LLBrown, Laredo

Reply to
LLBrown