accurate minatures instrument panel decals missing

Hi,

Anyone else out there notice that in the new production they have dumped the instrument panel decals in order to put a blurb for microscale? Tried to wrtie them, but no reply yet.

Anyone have source for instrument panel decals I can use to build up the panels in the manner called for in the instructions?

Thanks,

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kullberg

I noticed the same thing in the B-25 C/D (Air Apaches) kit, though I'm not sure if it's from the new production run. There's just a blank space on the decal sheet where the panel ought to be. No Microscale blurb, though. I wrote to AM about 2 months ago looking for a replacement, but have heard nothing in response. Disappointing, because I've heard good things about AM's customer service. Instead, I picked up a sheet of Reheat instrument decals and am applying them one-at-a-time to the back of the panel. Then I'll back that with a piece of thin styrene cut to fit. Tedious, but it looks fine.

-Kev> Hi,

Reply to
Kevin Kokal

Boxes on the new ones have a 2003 date somewhere on them.

There's just a blank space on

Its a new and different company now.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

For an SSAE, you can have one of mine. I have two AM B-25's and an Eduard P/E set.

E-mail if interested.

Regards,

Scott G. Welch

Reply to
OSWELCH

I have read that reheat is out of business. Any other sources you can suggest?

I have read that reheat is out of business. I went on line to try to find a sheet with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kullberg

I found my sheet of Reheat decals in the vendors' room at a hobby show last month. If I recall correctly, the vendor was CRM Hobbies in St. Louis. Their website is crmhobbies.com, though it's not too useful. I'd just pick up the phone and give them a call. Given how friendly they were at the show, I'm sure they can give you some help.

-Kev> Kev>> Instead, I picked up a sheet of Reheat instrument decals and am applying

Reply to
Kevin Kokal

Just to followup my own post... I received an email from AM this past weekend apologizing for the delay in responding to my original email query about missing decals. They apologized profusely and a replacement sheet is now in the mail. Apparently they had some major technical issues with their email system. Kudos to AM for following up on this matter.

Reply to
Kevin Kokal

You would be fortunate to find the Reheat ones if you haven't got some already as Reheat are now out of business and most stockists have little if any Reheat on hand. There is an opportunity here for another supplier to make etched generic instrument panel sections and decals etc.

Reply to
Ed