NFL Team Decals?

Anyone know of a source for decals of NFL team symbols and logos? I mean water-based decals of the sort usually used with plastic models. In particular I am looking for San Diego Charger and Oakland Raider decals of a size appropriate for 1/48 scale aircraft, to use in fantasy paint jobs, the Charger lightning bolts and Raider pirate-and-crossed-cutlases replacing the military insignia. I have tried various NFL web-sites, to no avail. I realize NFL logos are copyrighted, so if authentic decals do not exist, a reasonable approximation would do. Anyone know of any likely source?

Reply to
Taylor Kingston

Not to make a suggestion...but someone with lesser morals, might think of grabbing such an image off the web, and printing it on decal paper....perhaps even doctoring the image enough (in their favorite graphics program) to get around any potential copyright problems....

...but I would not mention this, as it may be a bit "wrong"...

:o)

But seriously, check into airliner decals. Quite a few professional sports franchises have had commercial airliners painted with their logos, and the decal manufacturers have replicated some of these (the exact ones, I can not remember at the moment...)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Reply to
teem

If you go to Raiders.com and go to the multimedia page, there is a nice picture of the emblem. you can download it and use a photo editing program to resize and print it on decal paper.

Ben Valdevarona

Thanks for the various suggestions. I was unaware that decal paper suitable for home computer printers existed. This hobby seems to have gotten a lot more sophisticated than when I was a kid.

Reply to
Taylor Kingston