Arrow Trucking Shuts Doors

BREAKING NEWS: Arrow drivers wake to nightmare before Christmas Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009 - On Tuesday, as many as 1,400 truck drivers for Arrow Trucking Co., based out of Tulsa, OK, have been frantically trying to figure out their next moves as the company unexpectedly announced it was "suspending all operations" that day.

Truckers started calling in to the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association and Land Line after they were awakened with phone calls from their dispatchers alerting them to the grim news that the company was shutting its doors and that their instructions were to turn in their trucks to the nearest Freightliner dealership.

Best Regards

Tom.

Reply to
azotic

That just isn't right... Pretty scary that this is whats happening around our country.

Reply to
jeff

Same thing happened five years ago (?) with Consolidated. Did that frighten you?

Reply to
John R. Carroll

The scary part, is sometimes I think the Healthcare Bill is to keep people from looking at the lack of Congressional action on the meltdown. They say the Recession is ending. BS! Unemployment numbers still very high, something like 319,000 people moved over to special extended unemployment just last week. They have given Wall Street bunches of money, and now they are giving it back after they used it to scam investors out of even more money, and want no regulation of their business, until the next bailout is needed. We need to vote out all the incumbents. We may throw out a good one or 2 in the process, but is worth the error. The government has added about a 1/2 million in debt per family this year and not much has been improved. The housing improvement is driven by the Tax Credit, and the Fed buying all new mortgages. What happens in 2 months when the Fed stops buying the mortgages. And the interest rate starts rising again. How many foreclosures then? We have an administration saying we will cut emissions. While China and India are laughing all the way to more production. What the hell was Arnold, The Govenator, doing at the Climate summit. The economy in California is in chaos. The Legislature has been overspending for years and committing spending into the future. They have the districts Gerrymandered so 90% get re-elected. We are screwed, or at least our kids and grandkids are.

Reply to
Bill McKee

Bill, are you aware of the new commission that will be redrawing the political boundaries in 2011? I just saw something about it today. They are looking for citizens to participate. The make up will be five Democrats, five Republicans and four "no political party". This was brought about by a referendum a couple of years ago. It's taking forever to get anything done but at least SOMETHING will get done.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

I know and I voted for it. Also voted for it when Arnie ran it by the voters a few years ago. But until then we get the same POS's that we have had for years, until term limited at least. But they will probably stack the commission. I am a registered Dem, fut being a fiscal conservative and social liberal most like tosses me.

Reply to
Bill McKee

As someone that tried to make a living as a truck driver this does not really surprise me.

I think if I was the driver under load in this situation and did not have enough fuel to make it to my delivery point, I would contact either the shipper or the consignee or the dealer that wants his truck back and offer to deliver the goods if they would pay for the fuel to get it there and make it to the dealership to turn in the truck. If none of those folks would pony up the coin, then I would feel no obligation to do anything other than inform them where I parked their truck.

The reason the trucking business is in such a sorry state is that they allow others to set the rates they charge to haul the freight and then try to make the shortfall up in volume. That plan is always destined for failure.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I may apply.

Bill McKee

Now that we have electronic voting machines. The elections may be decided by those who program the machines. We voters might not ever be able to make hope and change again. Now that the hope and change people are changing the face of the nation, and removing hope. Abandon hope, ye who live here.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What are the odds it will turn out to be five liberals, five RINO, and four left leaning with no party affiliation?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I heard a quote years ago, that may apply. "We lost a dollar on every sale, but made up for it on the volume."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ouch! I sure don't call that economic recovery.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

After you dropped that trailer in the nearest parking lot, you would get better fuel mileage heading for home ;)

Wes

Wes

Far more honrable than a tailgate sale, to earn money for fuel.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Let the Record show that jeff on or about Wed,

23 Dec 2009 18:29:04 -0500 did write/type or cause to appear >

Cant be happening. Did the One promise Hope and Change, and that we'd all be drinking that free bubble-up, eating that rainbow stew, getting our mortgages paid, and our cars paid for.

What? You mean with all this bullshit - there isn't a pony?

well shucky darns.

- pyotr filipivich Any entity big enough to meet your needs, is big enough to decide what those needs should be.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

This might be the perfect time to talk about - Santa Clause???

Reply to
cavelamb

Assuming you owned your own truck. This reads like Arrow told their drivers (the ones driving company trucks) to park it, head home, don't call us, we'll call you.

pyotr filipivich

What the hell. The worst they can do is say "Thank you but your services are not required." If it's done on the up and up (why do I doubt that?) it will be a good thing. Who knows, maybe the Republicans can gain control of the legislature and stop a lot of this excessive taxing and spending that is going on. We can only hope.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Probably about 712 to 1.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

The Republicans will not get control, and they seem to spend almost as much as the Dems. But we may get a more centrist legislature. For years the California legislature has been much more left than the state as an average.

Reply to
Bill McKee