Bought a USB joypad at a garage sale

True indeed. But..does he need that precision?

Good on you. And one has to spend a bit of money to get that result, or find work arounds to get "almost as good"

Indeed.

Odd..Ive a B300 KO Lee..and it took me a couple hours to learn to use it. Included a bunch of accessories like a Harig Air Glide endmill sharpener etc etc etc. 5c motor driven gizmo, indexing head etc etc.

Like Iggy..Ive sources that others here dont have. Mine cost me a service call. Hummm $186 traded for the grinder. I thought it was a marvelous trade.

Indeed. However its not aluminum either.

The prices I showed were all within $200 of a used Darex. Or did I miss something? And the prices were simply part of the ads for things Iggy should be looking for. Im sure he can beat Ebay prices by a magnitude.

It takes a surface grinder. Period. Iggy doesnt have one? Hell..he can find them for $50 or less. Cup wheel and voila..he has a $200 tool and cutter grinder that will do just hunky. Even a worn out surface grinder will work fine with one of the fixtures I cited. As long as that cup wheel spins....its good enough.

And a hell of a lot cheaper than a used aluminum Darex. Remember..I own a Darex. It worked ok. But..only "ok" and I didnt spend $1200 for it either.

But there are all sorts of Better options within his grasp. He is quite good at finding Stuff and at damned good prices. I showed him what was available and what to look for.

Indeed. However..I presented the info for Iggy..who has a lock on finding surplus machinery in his area. In fact...several of the cites I presented were intentionally from Chicago area.

I respect your opinion deeply. But I presented the info for Iggy, who has resources others here do not have.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

If I do not have that precision, it will not cut as well, I thought.

I will keep looking patiently. Far and wide.

Ignoramus28874

Grinding an endmill can be done "perfectly"..or "not half bad!" and the precision is vastly different when measured. Just a heads up....dull does not mean no precision and Precise does not necessarily mean sharp...

I have confidence in a Fellow Scounger of your caliber. Indeed!