Can anyone ID this item

Help will be much appreciated... Thanks

Ignoramus31273

This is a second attempt to post the reply, because it looked like the first attempt did not go through.

This is a really wild guess, but....

It looks like it might be an adapter sleeve for an outboard arm on a big horizontal milling machine to allow a smaller diameter arbor to be used than the milling machine was designed for. I don't think that it is made to mount a cutter on, because the inside diameter is not keyed to be driven by the arbor. The last picture identifies it as being made by the Cincinnati Milling Machine Co., so I am assuming that this is something else you got from Govliquidation.com

Reply to
JohnB

Perhaps an adjustable spacer for said milling machine?

Reply to
woodworker88

Reply to
William Noble

Oh! That's easy! Ignoramus needs money. So he is posting questions and "inventions" (like the anvil) that need some pictures for explanation. On his web-pages, he sells adv. space to Google. And he gets a cent for every view. That's the reason why he's posting at least two links a week to his advertising-center.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Alien anal probe bushing

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I thought they had a _coarse_ thread. ; )

Reply to
Scruffy

Tom sez: "Alien anal probe bushing".

Naw Tom! I'd say more like one o' them there "anal stectrumizers", or some such surplus military crap Iggy advertises here.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I got it from Fermilab, but, after a long thinking, this is exactly what it is, an arbor sleeve adapter. Thanks to everyone, great ideas...

Ignoramus3269

I think that the right answer was that it was an adapter for reducing outboard arm diameter.

Ignoramus3269

Oh, that's easy! Set your newsreader to launch "links -g" as the browser. No google ads.

Reply to
Steve Ackman

Also, I do not normaly get paid for every view, I only get paid if someone clicks on the ads. Usually, based on my analysis, people who come from newsgroups do not click on ads very often (why would they want stuff advertised on those pages, they are simply curious to see what a person is doing). So, if you do not want to benefit the publisher (me), just do not click on the ads.

The other kind of people who come to my webpages are visitors who are referred by google searches (for instance searching for "homemade intverter for tig" or "12 foot starcraft seafarer" etc). Those tend to click on these ads a lot because they are looking for approximately the stuff that's on those pages and that the ads are for (say parts for Starcraft Seafarer boats).

I have another set of pages which are my own original content, which I never advertize anywhere, but that describe various oddball things that I come across (800 or so pages). The only visitors to those pages are people referred by google (and occasionally other search engines). These pages have absolutely unbelievable clickthrough rates and CPM, partly because they only get very interested visitors and have very high quality of content (in google's view). That's partly compensated by very low quantity of visitors, but still it is a good thing considering the amount of work put into it (next to none after initial setup). The pages describe these things as well I could describe them.

Ignoramus18033

Only for the really anal retentive types, so they don't loose so many probes. It seems that they lost a whole batch of probes in some German dude. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

LOL

well actually a view doesn't count, you need to click on one of the ads....

that's my $.02 clicks

Reply to
Tony

Reply to