can you identify this moto guzzi

Hey folks, this newsgroup always has people with such a broad range of knowledge. I'm hoping someone can give me an idea if the year and model of the Moto Guzzi at the web site

Thanks, Paul Erland

Reply to
Paul Erland

It's a special - not a Guzzi model. Just uses Guzzi running gear.

I seem to recall it uses a loopframe, V7 bits I think, Ambassador in the US, and a car motor.

Zebee

Reply to
Zebee Johnstone

It ain't a Guzzi. It is a DIY bike. It uses Guzzi parts. The stretched frame is from a V7. The engine is a 3 cylinder turbo diesel from a Daihatsu Charade. Project was finished nov.

1999.

Ni-just translating-ck

Reply to
Nick Müller

The website says V7 but it could be a V700 which was the predecessor of the V7. If the solo seat is stock, it probably started life as a police bike. Of course that isn't the stock engine. The Guzzi parts are from the late 60's.

Fred

Reply to
ff

I realize that it is a modified Guzzi. The info I have is that the frame is stretched 15". The engine is an industrial diesel. I'm considering a similiar diesel engine motorcycle. I like the style of the bike and was wondering what he started with. I plan to use a late '60s bmw or moto guzzi. Their shaft drives and dry clutches will simplify connecting to a longitudinal crank diesel.

Reply to
Paul Erland

Oh, and put a V8 BMW-engine in it. Someone did allready. Looks ... kinda ... "powerfull" and it's what would be called "stretched". :-))

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

I have done engine transplants before, a couple of four-wheeled vehicles and one motorcycle. However, I don't understand why a diesel is a desirable choice for the donor powerplant. Is it just the novelty of it, or is there some functional advantage?

Fred

Reply to
ff

It depends on the person doing and owning the end results, but a few of the reasons I can list: They want to run on vegetable oil Bio-Diesel for "Green" reasons. They want to squeeze every mile of range or MPG out of their fuel - Drive all day on one tank. They have a farm tank at their main yard or otherwise want to use one common fuel source for everything. (This is the NATO Military reason

- they want to simplify the supply lines.)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Why? For me it is an even mix of mileage and vegetable oil. Just so I can laugh at the oil companies and not necessarily for "green" reasons. The novelty and challenge enter the equation to I suppose.

Reply to
Paul Erland