Company bans homeschooled workers

Yeah...I think it's called...self-confidence....

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

That's counter-intuitive.

Have you ever been a parent?

Things must be a right mess over in Blighty!

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

Yes it's a pseudo science.... a study of probability NOT facts.

I agree.

I say economics is NOT science but then calculus is going in the same direction isn't it?

More theoretical formulas that predict rather than solve for an answer.

Chaos theory and others like that.

*chaos theory* n
  1. (Mathematics) a theory, applied in various branches of science, that apparently random phenomena have underlying order
Reply to
BeamMeUpScotty

Perhaps because they have their own statist agendas...

Nope.

So everyone home-schooling is "stupid"?

Isn't that also counter-intuitive?

The percentage of kids home-schooled here is rather low:

Approximately 3 percent of the school-age population was homeschooled in the 2011?12 school year.

A pity you conflate 3% as having a majprity impact.

Maybe if you'd been home-schooled you could do the maths on that...

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

Actually there are fantastic tools out there in which a modern aid known as the computer is employed:

Mayan Stonebird

When did he ever say such a thing?

So you're woefully out of date too ;-)

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

With a 3% market share?

Seriously?

Approximately 3 percent of the school-age population was homeschooled in the 2011?12 school year.

Deflect off topic a lot?

Did you decide to be wrong about everything today?

Education

Bush attended public schools in Midland, Texas, until the family moved to Houston after he completed seventh grade. He then went to The Kinkaid School, a prep school in Houston, for two years.[26]

Bush finished high school at Phillips Academy, a boarding school (then all-male) in Andover, Massachusetts, where he played baseball and during his senior year was the head cheerleader.[27][28] Bush attended Yale University from 1964 to 1968, graduating with an B.A. in history.[29] During this time, he was a cheerleader and a member of the Delta Kappa Epsilon, being elected the fraternity's president during his senior year.[30][31][32] Bush also became a member of the Skull and Bones society as a senior.[33] Bush was a rugby union player and was on Yale's

1st XV.[34] He characterized himself as an average student.[35] His average during his first three years at Yale was 77 and he had a similar average under a nonnumeric rating system in his final year.[36]

Beginning in the fall of 1973, Bush attended the Harvard Business School, where he earned a Master of Business Administration. He is the only U.S. President to have earned an M.B.A.[

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

Tawdry little straw man - can you not build better?

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

Cite?

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

Full?

As in 3%?

Approximately 3 percent of the school-age population was homeschooled in the 2011?12 school year.

Lol.

Keep stroking, you may wet your palms yet...

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

Iow they were not very professional, sort of making it up as they went...

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

How did we ever have enough smarts to move out of caves?

Did they start a government school in the caves and that's why we are so smart today? How did the smart public schooled British lose a war with idiots taught in the middle of nowhere by their parents?

It would also mean that if your government can't teach you how to build an airplane that will carry a human.... then the Wright Brothers should have never left the ground. No government subsidy and no grants and government program to help them design or build a plane for human flight.... in fact government institutions teach people that things are impossible and people without government help or knowledge prove them wrong. The government and church often called it heresy. Like telling people that Global Warming is NOT a fact it's an opinion.

Government schools are dumbing down the kids it's NOT their parents dumbing them down.

Reply to
BeamMeUpScotty

I advocate the local school district fire incompetent teachers.

Reply to
BeamMeUpScotty

Homeschooling is just an excuse to keep the kids away from a real school and a real education. Cliven Bundy loves it so he can use his 18 kids as slave labour on his illegal range on public property mooching off the Federal Government.

Reply to
Mighty Wannabe

Yeah, the new calculus textbooks are the equivalent of a "current manual". They won't fall out of the sky. Someone has to write them.

Reply to
Mighty Wannabe

You mean a state school and a state-sponsored "education"...

Nice obfuscation, you had a steaming hot mug of intolerance again for breakfast?

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

It is common sense. Do I need to prove to you that roses are red, and violets are blue?

Do you believe an auto mechanic who has been working all his life, can fix a car better than you do? Remember by the time you need to homeschool your kids, you would have been out of school for at least a decade or so. I won't trust my car to an amateur mechanic-wannabe. Will you?

Reply to
Mighty Wannabe

And somebodies have, so?

Guess what, you can purchase them AND math software to instruct with.

Or you can have your kids take specialized tutoring at Sylvan Learning.

Lotsa choices for FREE Americans!

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

Actually the only person I've heard of that's home schooled is Don Imus' son and you can bet that means tutors are coming in. The amount of children home schooled in the US is probably miniscule and I would not blame it for the decline in education in the US. Like most government programs that think more money is the answer, the more put in, the lower the return on investment.

Cost for children to go to public school in my district is over $15,000 per student per year and is more than that of many private schools.

Reply to
Frank

Understand that you will never be associated with "common sense"...

Do you think a lot of roses are not red and that violets are actually purple?

Do you think I am incapable of buying a shop manual and tools and matching his results, albeit at a slower pace as I learn?

Not everyone waits that long to have kids.

Where i live one of the best ways to get good low-cost repairs is to allow a VoTech school class to service one's car.

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird