Company bans homeschooled workers

You must be Gummer's twin brother.

Reply to
Mighty Wannabe

If so then they all have a right to an education that makes them proficient gun owners. Surely if they have a right to own a gun at 18 years old "then it's only fair that" they also have a right to a formal(complete) education that would include free government subsidized firearms training and repair. If the kids have a right to an education it must be for the purpose of intelligently exercising all the rest of their rights, why else would an education be a right?

And I'm sure you can quote where that right to an education is expressed or delegated in the constitution.

Reply to
BeamMeUpScotty

Whereas today it's generally just Liberals that are the idiots?

Reply to
BeamMeUpScotty

Reduced usage of sedatives?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I"m more concerned with the folks in DC dictating the curriculum and teaching materials and techniques and all that.

I'd rather have a moron with a Duffy Reader in class than a PhD with Common Core.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Perhaps a couple months on a farm?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe it is some where near the text where we're all guaranteed a living wage? I guess Mighty Wobbly should check on that, also.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My grand niece was home schooled, but will be going to Middlebury College in the fall. She has a scholarship that will pay the majority of her costs.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

People have been convinced that you cannot get anywhere today without a college degree so kids get any degree to satisfy this requirement.

Also the liberals in government say that more money must be available to students which is great to the educational capitalists that just raise their prices as demand increases.

It's a vicious cycle.

Reply to
Frank

On 5/8/2014 2:14 AM, Mighty Wannabe wrote: [snip]

Sometimes. So do public schools, sometimes.

My personal anecdotal observation is that, when done right, the results are superior. Your opinion seems to be based more on prejudice than fact.

Reply to
Jeff M

So 0% of the adult population has had any use of Newton's 'First Principles'? That would be the first principle of derivation?

Reply to
rbowman

The Wobblies would have nothing to do with Wannabe.

Reply to
rbowman

You seem to be hung up on this "constitution" thingy. Do you know the constitution is not the Ten Commandment? It was drafted by a bunch of treasonous redcoats rebelling against their own colonial overlord, and it has been amended and amended numerous time already. If it has been amended, then it can be amended again. Your country is now hogtied by this useless piece of outdated document that nothing gets done other than endless bickering about the intended meaning of those words in that document. I suggest you guys throw that junk into the fire and start all over again. Maybe you can borrow the Canadian constitution as a template for your new one.

Reply to
Mighty Wannabe

Like the Mormons in a collective? Do you worship Mao and Lenin, besides Brigham Young?

Reply to
Mighty Wannabe

How do you like some parents homeschool their kids exclusively in Arabic and Koran, some exclusively in Hebrew and Torah, and some exclusively in German and Mein Kampf?

Reply to
Mighty Wannabe

What kind of Mormon are you? A good Mormon is supposed to work for free in a Mormon collective for the good of all. How dare you even think of a living wage. Are you not afraid of fire and brimstone, and a lake of burning sulphur?

Reply to
Mighty Wannabe

I'm sure that in Arabic and Islamic countries, teaching in Arabic and/or a Koranic curriculum is quite common. But I imagine it's quite rare here. As for Mein Kampf, it's just another form of all too common child abuse. But that misses the point, I think, and is likely a miniscule problem in America. That is, unless you've got data showing otherwise?

But the data measuring American homeschooling results accords with my observation, in that excellent academic achievement is the common result. The less common result, as I've already stated, is a mis- or under-educated student. But, again, the same can be said of public schools.

I've seen the results attained by public schools, private schools, home schools, online schools, and alternative systems like Montessori and the Waldorf Method. So much depends on the quality of the individuals doing the educating, the students themselves, the home and community environment, and the level of parental engagement and ability, that I don't think categorical conclusions can be fairly drawn about any particular method of education.

Now, are you prepared to either deal with the data others have presented on the outcomes of home schooling, or to reveal upon what exactly your contrary opinion is based?

Reply to
Jeff M

Do you think that as a mutant Canuck what you spew here has any value whatsoever?

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

You live in the world's second largest walk in freezer.

LOL!

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

I didn't mean to get your name wrong, sorry...

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird