Company bans homeschooled workers

You would know this because you have lived in chicagoland for several years, right?

Not if their budget is still not balanced

Reply to
misanthrope

The Timbisha did okay at Furnace Creek and Scotty's Castle. I doubt they had air conditioning.

Actually, only one person died in the party that named it Death Valley but the name has a ring to it. Compared to the Donner Party they had an easy time of it. I can't find the totals, but I have a suspicion that there may have been more deaths in recent years as tourists with their AWD Subaru Foresters, cell phones, and GPS's figure they are invincible.

Reply to
rbowman

Gunner Asch fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Public-schooled?

In case you missed it, THAT was hyperbole.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

That's why they are hotbeds of Liberal stupidity. :(

BTW, I had to buy a new ax this morning. It was amazing just how polite people were, as I walked through the parking lot with it over my sholder. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yo, dude. Been meaning to ax you about that.

I did some work for a security guard, he gets paid to wear uniform and stand in the lobby of a store. "Everyone wants to say hi and chat with the man with the gun". I guess real men are less common now days, and people sense the loss.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's what backward anti-state anti-progressives want. That type of thing makes them happy. Check these stats out:

  • 26% of all Americans think that the sun revolves around the earth.
  • Nearly 8 in 10 believe in Angels.

Now, is all that taught in school or at homes like those? (Not hard to guess)

Reply to
mogulah

I saw some Angels several years ago, They were Blue and performed at an air show over the Milwaukee lakefront.

Other mythical creatures, Thunderbirds, performed in different years.

I'm not home schooled, attended public school, which means I ended up self educated.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

You know, its even worse than all that:

"

Source: National Science Foundation. Sample size: 2,200

84% The center of the Earth is very hot. (true)

83% The continents have been moving their location for millions of years and will continue to move.(true)

74% Does the Earth go around the sun, or does the sun go around the Earth?

72% All radio activity is man-made.(false)

53% Electrons are smaller than atoms.(true)

51% Antibiotics kill viruses as well as bacteria.(false,come on now!)

47% Lasers work by focusing sound waves.(false)

39% The universe began with a huge explosion.(true

--

mogulah

53% Electrons are smaller than atoms.(true)

Mr. Birch, that actually means that 47% of Americans believe that ATOMS are SMALLER than ELECTRONS.

Reply to
mogulah

re SMALLER than ELECTRONS.

Faulty logic. It means that 53 % of Americans believe electrons are smalle r than Atoms. The other 47% does not necessarily believe Atoms are smalle r than Electrons. Some of the 47% may have not answered that question in t he poll. Some may believe there are no Atoms, others may believe there are no electrons. Some may believe they are the same size. Some may believe that Electrons are smaller , but just wanted the poll to look as if many pe ople are ignorant.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I'd only allow for a 5% margin of error to cover all of that, but even then, that makes 42%.

(because you have to have at least something to base the 53% figure off of)

Reply to
mogulah

It's nothing special. My dad needed something to cut out some unwanted crap growing in his yard. He just moved and the previous owner had planted so many things, scattered all over that made it hard to mow the grass.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Somewhere, I should have dad's old ax. It needed a new handle, and is somewhere in the mess he left in my garage when he moved about five years ago. That was just before I got too sick to care about what he left crammed in that bay.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I clicked on that link to see what a 35 lb axe looked like!

3.5 lb...

:^)

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

I need to dig the head out of one of the dozens of overflowing boxes he left behind. I may get to it next spring if the garage roof doesn't collapse, first. Some of it was there for over ten years before he stopped coming by to look for things.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell