Company bans homeschooled workers

That could take decades given the Bakken.

It is a shame Obama decided to shaft you hosers, he must not like you.

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

Mmm hmmm.

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

Ad Hominem, don't like the message, attack the messenger, typical of liberals that hate facts and truth!

And you believe everything from the left wing propaganda machine. Do you think liberals want to admit that homeschooling is superior to their indoctrination system?

On the other post, I provided quotes from the Department of Education, are they right wing too?

At least I had enough brains to look for actual results instead of just blindly blithering bull that is nothing more than your libtarded brainwashed opinion. JeffM is also a liberal but is smart enough to admit the truth of the data.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

In Chicago, the public schools suck, not even all of them have air conditioning. They also have a huge budget problem - how can they expect to teach kids to balance their own checkbook when the school district can't even balance it's own budget?

Reply to
misanthrope

Not all of them have air conditioning in your public schools? Chicago is not in a desert. It is right by Lake Michigan. It is nicknamed "the Windy City". Can't they open the windows? A school is not a hotel, you know. We don't have air conditioning in our schools in Toronto. Toronto in right beside Lake Ontario, another one of the Great Lakes.

Reply to
Mighty Wannabe

Toronto is a hotbed for Muzzie sleeper cells.

Maybe the cold weather makes them angrier...

Reply to
Mayan Stonebird

This is a detriment in Chicago? I don't remember ever being in a school with air conditioning. Except in early September and perhaps the latter part of May you hoped the heating system was in good repair.

Reply to
rbowman

Once again I am shaken to my roots by having to agree with Wannabe. U've never even lived in a place with air conditioning, let alone having it in school. Until they built the new Student Union, it did make the conputer center popular. The IBM 360 had to be cooled, not the students.

Reply to
rbowman

Much the same, here. Some of the schools near me don't even have windows which open.

I've got AC, but only use it a couple weeks a year.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No, only about 25 years. Some of that time was in Why, AZ although I admit I usually headed for high country this time of year when it started to get close to the 100's during the day. Most of my life has been spent well north of the 42nd parallel. Move up to Yreka and you might have a different take on the necessity for air conditioning.

Reply to
rbowman

The southeast is where I've appreciated air conditioning. I don't have gills and don't really like 120% humidity. It's the old cliche but I don't mind dry heat as long as I can stay hydrated.

Reply to
rbowman

The problem with not having air conditioning in Chicago schools is because the humidity is so bad here in the warmer months. It definitely can get hot also (90s is common) but the killer is humidity. Opening the windows to let in more humidity does not help. Living on a great lake in the heat which contributes to humidity also does not help.

Reply to
misanthrope

The issue is the humidity more than the heat.

Reply to
misanthrope

Air conditioning in Chicago schools is a luxury, not a necessity. Now back to your question up there: "how can they expect to teach kids to balance their own checkbook when the school district can't even balance it's own budget?"

Not wasting money on air-conditioners and electricity bills is balancing their own budget right there.

Reply to
Mighty Wannabe

Years ago they came up with this wonderful plan, the lottery would help fund the schools. They should have plenty of money for A/C and solid gold door knobs. Wonder why that didn't work? Seems the only ones getting rich and living the "American Dream" are the politicians that are breaking the backs of the taxpayers.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Until the bills start to come in for mold and mildew damage.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Fuck off, canucklehead.

Reply to
mobile traveler

You do realize that the city and many of its building easily pre-date AC units, but ftmp not ceiling fans...

You moron.

Reply to
mobile traveler

Gunner Asch fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Do you mean that to say you cannot do without AC there?

If so, I wonder (I must) how the area was originally settled and populated... I guess they must've had HVAC in their wagons and houses back then, too, huh?

I've spent some considerable time in New Mexico. The temperature was often over 105F; I've seen it 15F hotter while I was there. The humidity was low. We were hot, but survived, so long as there was water and shade.

Wanna compare humidity between your hot desert, and my hot swamp?

(Think about how the body cools itself).

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Gunner Asch fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Again, Gunner, there's a difference between being stranded in the pit of Death Valley, with no water, no shade, and no hope of finding either, and the 'normal hot' of the arid west, where with water and shade you do fine, if not comfortably.

I trained in Nevada. It ain't fun. It's not 'instant death', either.

What about our boys in the mideast?

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh