Court May Limit Patent Owners' Rights

How many bites at the apple do you as a patent owner get get? Suit is not to limit patent rights but maintain license rights.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Did you read the article or just the headline? LG is trying to go beyond current limits in collecting patent fees.

1) LG sells a license to Intel 2) Intel builds chips with licensed LG technology 3) Intel sells chips to Quanda 4) LG now wants to collect a patent fee from Quanda for using the chips Intel sold them

Sounds like budwieser sending me a bill for drinking the beer I buy at the grocery store.

Carl Boyd

Reply to
Carl

CLIP

Carl,

They sent you a bill too! The nerve...

Laws have morphed from protecting the victimized to emabling the controllers... Same with most unions... But this is WAY OT.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Carl

I think your #1 is in error. They sold the rights to manufacture. Otherwise they have zero rights thereafter if they sold them.

Their IP went into chips for their use. I think the issue is Intel gave the secret keys to the new functions to Quanda when the chips were sold.

Since Quanda was not to get the special features and took market share away would you not expect them to try to recover ?

Martin

Mart> >>

> Cliffy

Reply to