Cruise ship runs aground off Italy; deaths reported

How on Earth did the Captain miss an island? He gets on the intercom after running aground saying "we have an electrical problem!"

See this pic first (he almost hit a lighthouse!):

Developing Story:

G. Morgan

Sounds like someone coming in to dock who missed his approach by using the wrong Harbor lights.

Of course, they also probably weren't using a pilot either.

Harbor lights are a pair of fixed lights on the shore to indicate the correct line of approach into a harbor to avoid things like this.

Reply to
Scout

"Scout" on Fri, 13 Jan

2012 22:49:55 -0500 typed in misc.survivalism the following:

I read that at first as "wrong Harbor Freight lights". ?They're everywhere!?"

Yep. And the more it seems that the Captain was "hot dogging". Oops.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Well possibly not the Captain, but certainly his command.

Of course, that means he's still responsible, a concept that certain liberals can't seem to understand particularly when applied to Obama.

Reply to
Scout

"Scout" on Fri, 20 Jan

2012 16:19:29 -0500 typed in misc.survivalism the following:

pyotr filipivich

He watched Top Gun once too many times. He did a "fly by."

Reply to
Shall not be infringed

Oh, they understand the concept.

The buck stopped with Bush.

They just can't see Obama for all the bucks piled up.

Reply to
Shall not be infringed