Dave Munroe ripped me off!!

Well. My particular favorite story was that the INS sent one of the hijackers his visa, after they crashed the planes. Now that's what I call homeland security. Not.

Jim

jim rozen

You would do well to sober up and figure out who it is you want to make comments to before you go mouthing off .

Bill Darby

Reply to
Bill Darby

exactly.. well said Billy

remove NOSPAM to reply

Reply to
Saltine

Your loss. We are only your largest trade partner and your largest source of raw materials including oil and natural gas. If we turned off the taps and closed the borders, we'd have no money, but you poor fools would freeze your asses off and you'd have to walk, because your fuel supply would dry up in about a week.

But Geargy Porgey wouldn't let that happen. If he couldn't sweet talk our useless government into falling in line, he'd just treat us like Iraq.

You realize 9-11 was only the second time in American History that foreign nationals have ever attacked mainland American soil?? And Washington at that? That's why you have a "white house". The whitewash was required to cover up the damage done when CANADIANS torched it in the war of 1812.

Reply to
clare

Unfortunately, the coffee, like the beer, is too weak to have a smell. OK, I didn't really mean that, but couldn't resist temptation. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

James,

Just a suggestion, that I heard worked brilliantly the other way that you might consider:

A good friend of mine in Toronto produces commercial videos and he got stiffed by a large company in Florida. He called and called etc. but nothing, they would pay. Eventually, he got the idea to contact Canada Customs and report the problem to the border customs officials, who entered the complaint in their database. The next time the company shipped goods to Canada (that shipment had nothing to do with my friend) they were held up at the border directly as a result of my friend's complaint. When the company got desperate enough to clear the shipment they were advised "why" their goods were being held. Miraculously, they discovered their payment oversight and my friend received his overdue payment in full by Fedex... He then contacted Canada customs and eventually the shipment was released.

If you report same to US customs/immigration, this guy may get mega hassled the next time he tries to enter the U.S.

Maybe just the threat of this action might persuade him to get his act together. I would suggest you send him a letter by registered mail warning him of the action you are going to take if you don't receive what you've paid for within say 14 days.

But if you have to follow through with you action, make very sure you have good documentation for your payment and all your attempts to contact him.

Good luck from a Canadian who does keep his promises.

Cheers, Peter

JTMcC wrote:

Reply to
Peter R

Hmm.. any ideas on what to do about being stiffed by a big US publishing company? It's only $100 US.. but.. they sent me a check that had payment stopped (they originally sent my payment to some dude in India, and vice-versa, then asked that I return it, which I did, then sent me the bad check!). They don't seem to care. You'd think a company like Penton could do better. They certainly had no problem taking *my* checks competently when I was paying them $thousands for advertising. I've called a bunch of times, and sent the bad check back (probably a mistake), nothing.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:44:37 -0500, "R. Black" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

chnchnchchnchcnchc!

.........no I'm not! remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Spike....Spike? Hello?

Reply to
Old Nick